Future's Final Battle, Begin

"There was an explosion on the other side?" Ryuuichi perked up at Tsuna's voice and looked towards the direction of the explosion. He was sitting on the ground, beside Shoichi, fidgeting. He had decided to not join the fight until a certain guardian of the brunette's appear. Besides, even though he might be able to help them, this fight serves as an experience for them, not him. 'Zakuro... Huh..'

His eyes narrowed, remembering the ones on that side.

"I hope they took out the enemies with one attack" Reborn said from Fuuta's shoulder. "Lal Mirch is still recovering, and Gokudera-kun is injured and unable to move very much. If the battle drags on, they'll be in danger" Shoichi added his two cent. He peered to the teen who was sitting beside him with his arms crossed and eyes focused on the side of the explosion. Shoichi honestly couldn't understand why Ryuuichi would join them. If the teen were to help, there would be a huge difference and Ryuuichi knew it. Yet, he declined.

"I'll join later on. Don't worry" was the exact word he said yesterday. Shoichi believed that if he join in since the beginning, everything would be much better, but seeing that determined look and Yuni's agreement, he couldn't say much. Perhaps Ryuuichi has a plan in mind. Shoichi hoped he does.

Ryuuichi noticed Shoichi's stare and looked directly at him. He then looked towards the rest who were standing in front of them, and smiled. "Believe in them. They'll be alright" He said softly despite the tension and concern that loomed over everyone.

They then turned to look at him, but he said nothing else. Tsuna, especially, had looked at him with wavering gaze. Despite those reassuring words, he couldn't help but fear. He fear for himself, he fear for them, and he fear for the world. More importantly, he fear for his friends who were all in battle lives. He all but wanted to go and protect them. He wanted to drag them out of the battle for their sake, destroying the world in process be damned. But he couldn't.

The brunette clenched his fist, and fire burned in his eyes and his heart. He nodded. "I believe in them" 'And I always will' Yuni and the others looked at him, and nodded along. Reborn, held a small smirk as he pulled down his fedora a little. Ryuuichi too, smirked.

'We all believe in you guys. Please, be safe'

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, so this is a Vongola Box? It certainly packs a lot more of a punch, but against my Dinosaur Skin, it only feels like the difference between a cold shower and a lukewarm one. Now, playtime's over!"

Gokudera narrowed his eyes and gritted his teeth. The memories of last night's discussion played in his mind. His own words, gave himself a pleasant hum as he gripped the string tighter, pulling it more. 'We'll defeat Byakuran, without losing the boss, any member of the family, me, or anyone else.'

His flames got stronger and stronger, as his resolve strengthen even more. Zakuro, on the end of the flame, felt it. "What?! You're storing up power?!" He hadn't expect that the injured bomber still have this much stored. (Well, this is basically what you get for underestimating the Vongola)

"We'll return to our peaceful past without losing anyone!" Gokudera released the string. "Tornado Flame Arrow!" The sheer power of the flame had somehow chipped off Zakuro's Dinosaur Skin a little. Gokudera pulled the string again, feeling the flames getting stronger.

Zakuro couldn't stand the flames anymore and jumped away. Gokudera clicked his tongue and tried to follow the Real Funeral Wreath. At that exact moment, he felt pain coursing through him, courtesy of his back injuries. Because of that, his next shot missed.

He was slowly losing it because of the pain. Curse the man as he noticed it through his winces. "Your back is injured. And you expect to defeat me?!" And Zakuro disappeared.