Birth and Death

"Xxx. What is life to you?"

".... A long and tired walk...."

"So where are you now?"

"Nowhere." 'Because I've stopped halfway through all these years...'

---------------------------------------------------------

The annoying ringing of the alarm resonated through the room. A certain teen under the thick duvets shuffled, trying to ignore the loud ringing to go back to sleep. Though, it was a futile attempt because his mind was getting clearer and clearer as seconds ticked by. He groaned loudly, annoyed, and threw off the duvet. He stalked towards the digital alarm beside a box clock by the computer table slash study table opposite of his bed and promptly slammed the alarm off.

'6.30...'

He yawned loudly before and stretched, satisfied at the sound of bone cracking. He proceeded to his wardrobe and got his uniform out, slowly walking to the bathroom. When he got back, he tied his hair up and double checked his books for the day. He grabbed his backpack and walked down to the dining room.

"Good morning..." He place his backpack beside the door frame and sat on his usual spot. Sakura, Kei and surprisingly Yuuichi who doesn't have any morning practices, greeted him back. "Good Morning, Ryuu(-kun)" He raised an eyebrow at them. They sounded very, very suspicious. His parent could at least hide it a little but his brother, who was grinning his heads off, couldn't.

"Ryuu-kun~ Do you know what day is today?" He frowned at his mother. Did she somehow knocked her head on something? Sakura usually have good memories. "... Wednesday..?" He answered slowly as he bit into the bread.

"That's not what your mother meant, silly" Kei chuckled, making him frown harder. He wondered if he was forgetting something. Yuuichi was snickering at him and winced a little when Ryuuichi kicked his shin under the table. Seriously, what was going on-. Something hit him as he widden his eyes slightly.

"Happy Birthday, Ryuu(-kun)!" He awkwardly thanked them as they all laughed at him. Really, he wasn't that used to people congratulating him on something, and probably never will. He never really cared much about his birthday, only Yuuichi's, his parents and a few others. Besides, it was practically his 'death' anniversary too. How funny.

Yuuichi thrust out his hand curled into a fist, a large smile plastered. If he didn't say anything, he would have thought that he wanted a fist bump or something. "Here! A gift!" He blinked owlishly and held out his hand, a black half ring dropped onto his hand. His eyes widen as he looked closer at the ring. It wasn't a Vongola Ring for sure. He had never seen this ring in the anime or manga before.

It looked like the half Vongola Rings, but there's nothing for the center. There should be something in the gap because of how it was made. He could only barely make out a shape on the complicated design too. Though, there was writings on it, but he couldn't understand it because half of the letters were cut off.

After a while staring at the ring and trying to remember if there was any ring like this, he slowly nodded at his younger brother. "Thanks. I love it" He smiled, rubbing the ring slightly. Yuuichi laughed and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "To be honest.. I found this ring in the mail the other day. It doesn't fit my fingers nor can I wear it because of basketball.. And your birthday was coming up and I couldn't figure out what to give you.. So..."

Ryuuichi was surprised. He experimentally wore the ring on his right middle finger and it fitted perfectly. It doesn't make any sense at all. His and Yuuichi's finger size should be the same. And the mail box? Why does this seem so familiar? He felt deja vu running up his skin.