Living

Kei slowly closed the door and sighed. He, Sakura and Yuuichi had been in the ward, waiting for Ryuuichi to open his eyes, for how long, they didn't know. Dino had popped by sometime during their stay, when Kei decided to take a breather. It was so suffocating, he didn't liked it. Not that he liked the hospital anyway.

He was about to turn down the hallway when he noticed Hibari. He blinked. 'He, didn't stay like that this whole time, did he..?' He sweated and shook his head. Instead of walking the other way, he made his way to the prefect.

"Can I sit here?" He gestured at the seat beside him.

Hibari jolted a little and nodded, sitting straighter and alert. Kei gave him a small smile and sat down, leaning back against the back rest and sighed again. They both stayed silent, the prefect as though waiting for Kei to speak. It wasn't awkward or anything, but he couldn't help but feel a bit unsettled.

"Hibari-kun.. Right?" Kei looked at him as he nodded. "Thank you." Hibari blinked at how earnest Kei was before shifting his gaze away. "I did nothing."

"Ah but you did snap Ryuu out from outright hyperventilating." Kei chuckled despite everything. "And you did CPR right the moment Ryuu stopped breathing. Thank you."

Heaven forbid, Hibari actually blushed a little at that. On normal circumstances, he wouldn't even care and just went with it, but Kei just had to charm him in such an easy way. Now he knew where did Ryuuichi get the magnetism. '... This family is dangerous..'

He coughed slightly. "It's nothing."

Kei wanted to laugh at how cute the prefect was. He, of course, had heard of the fearsome head of Namimori Middle's Discipline Committee. Their neighbour had mentioned about him when the old lady asked of where his kids were going to study. Poor lady must have been fed with ridiculous rumors about Hibari being a devil who eats weaklings. She was really scared for him and his twins. Kei didn't mind, since it was just plain rumors, and his sons could take care of themselves after all.

It did left him wondering what kind of person Hibari was, before he personally met him.

When the twins first started school, they would talked about how the teachers were either nice or plain creepy, how the discipline committee looks hilarious with their pompadours, and how peaceful it was. Yuuichi did mentioned about Hibari a few times, saying that the prefect actually barged into their class and dragged Ryuuichi into a spar without saying much. Kei was both surprised, and worried, but Ryuuichi then added that Hibari- who was nicknamed as Crazy Raven by Yuuichi at that time- is a nice person with violent tendencies, Kei was interested.

Because Ryuuichi had said it while his eyes were sparkling. Kei never really understood his oldest son, but he knew that there was not much that could excite Ryuuichi til that point. Kei really wanted to meet Hibari. (Alas, his work got into the way.)

And now that he saw what kind of person Hibari is, he couldn't be even more happier for Ryuuichi. (He wasn't as dense as Ryuuichi. He knew that Hibari felt something for Ryuuichi, even when Ryuuichi himself didn't knew. What's more, Ryuuichi himself felt something for Hibari as well! Kei hoped someone would give him the patience as both the teen wasn't aware of it.

Or maybe Hibari is aware of it.)

"Are you not going to see Ryuuichi?"

"I will, later." Ah, right. They did mentioned that Hibari didn't like crowds. (What was their definition of crowds, Kei didn't know.)

He smiled. "I don't think any of us will mind, but if that's what you want." Silence fell once again when Hibari merely nodded as a reply.

Hibari scrunched his eyebrows a little, wondering if he should take up the offer. He wanted to see Ryuuichi, but he knew better than interrupt them as he was an outsider. (Little did he know, they already took him as a family, one way or another, just as how they took the rest as family.)