Battle Commence

"What are you spacing out for?" Tsuna blinked at the voice and looked around. And the Reborn promptly dropped onto his head. "You looked quite leisure, Tsuna. Feel like you already did what you need to?"

He groaned and rubbed his sore spot as Reborn jumped down and lied on the grass. Something in him twinge as he looked at Reborn properly. "What happened?" He asked as he lied back down as well. "Something I need to do."

"Something?"

"Give back the boss watch" It was like the world stopped for a second there. "Huh?!" He pushed himself up to look at Reborn properly. The hitman wasn't looking at him, however. "Like I said, give it back." His heart thumped against his rib cage. 'No, don't tell me you've given up, Reborn. No!'

"Wait a minute! What are you saying, Reborn? You said you would leave the watch to me."

"I've decided to pull out from the Rainbow Representative Battle." A sense of horror bubbled in him, slowly growing stronger. "What are you talking about?! If you lose the representative battle, you'll die, or end up like the Vindice, you know?!" He hated that thought. He hated that possibility. He hated how there was little to no chance for the Arcobaleno, if he hadn't thought of that idea. There was still 0.1 percent of success, and he wasn't going to throw that chance away.

"Ah well, that's probably what would happen." He saw red for a moment there. How could Reborn say like that as though his life does not matter, as though that even if the hitman die, there wouldn't be anything wrong. "Just what are you saying?! Well, you fell asleep in the middle, so I ended up not telling you, but I've been doing a lot of things in the mean time!"

"You discussed something with Talbot, and you asked the other teams for their assistance. Even accounting for all of that, I can't allow you to fight."

"But why?! Do you not believe in me?!" "That's not the problem" Reborn interjects, sorrow gnawed in him. "I'm saying that I can't send you out to a battle you absolutely cannot win."

He could see the anger rising in his student. He can see how he wanted him to take back everything. He himself wants to as well, but he meant that. He didn't want Tsuna to fight. He didn't want Tsuna to die. Yet he believed in Tsuna. He believed that Tsuna would win if he did. However, Jager and Bermuda made him doubt. He was afraid that they would kill his student if something went wrong.

He absolutely didn't want that.

"There's no way to know that until I try, right?!" "I told you already, this time I know." No, he doesn't.

"Enough!!" Out of nowhere, Tsuna's flame lit. How the flame flared had Reborn knowing that Tsuna wouldn't back down. He won't give up. On this fight. On this hope. And on Reborn. Those flames, it just seethed and raging, burning brightly that it almost hurt Reborn's eyes.

"If that's the case, try to take the boss watch away by force!"

Reborn tugged his fedora down, sighing. Tsuna somehow noticed that it was slightly bit shaky. "Are you thinking that you can beat me?" "I will!"

Tsuna clenched his fist and orange flame circled them, flaring and intense. The intensity and wind almost blew Reborn off. A sense of pride swelled in Reborn once again. "Hmph. Indeed, you've gotten stronger, Tsuna. However, Jager's strength and Bermuda's determination cannot be broken by something of this level. My mission is to make you into a splendid Vongola Decimo. There's no point if you die"

Tsuna couldn't believe it. Reborn still took it as a mission? That teaching and guiding him is still a mission? (No, it was no longer that case for Reborn. Definitely not.) He gritted his teeth, and scowled. "You're wrong. It's the opposite, Reborn." Reborn blinked in surprise.