The Truth

Ryuuichi with half lidded eyes looked at his surrounding. He was, yet again, in plain darkness. For the nth time. Somehow, he couldn't find the energy to even sigh as he simply stood in the middle of void. Strangely enough, he didn't exactly mind in this darkness. He didn't like it, but he didn't hate it either. He was feeling... Neutral for some reason.

He looked down at himself, and found that he was wearing a long, white sleeved shirt with a pair of grey trousers, barefooted. How he was wearing that, he didn't want to no. No thanks.

"A penny for your thought?" A voice resonated, breaking the silence. He looked up and saw Caelum smiling, walking towards him with his hands shoved into the pocket of his rather white trousers. The man's white T-shirt made him look like a saint, yet Ryuuichi knew better than naming him a saint. (A devil would rather suit him instead)

He stopped in front of him, tilting his head slightly. "Still exhausted?" Ryuuichi blinked, couldn't comprehend the questions, or rather, statement. He said nothing for a moment, but Caelum didn't seem to mind as the man waited for his reply. ".. I think..?" The teen's motors finally kicked in, feeling more and more aware as seconds passed.

"I mean... Yeah. I am. A bit.. Not really anymore.. Wait--" He frowned, stopping his rambles mid sentence. Caelum chuckled with great amusement. "It's kind of obvious, actually" Ryuuichi rolled his eyes, finally could function properly. "Right... Can I ask already?" When Caelum nodded, he suddenly found himself unable to speak as questions tumbled in his mind. There were so many of it, that he didn't no where to begin. He frowned once more.

"How did- No. Tell me from the beginning. Why am I here?" He meant by why he was transferred here, in this world. How, is another one that followed quickly.

Caelum hummed, as though he was musing how to explain to him, which was an obvious act. The man was just putting up a stupid play for suspense. To which Ryuuichi wasn't even a little bit impressed as he was given a deadpanned stare. "Well, the question should be why you were born in your previous life"

Caelum smiled somehow leaned back onto a wall that Ryuuichi never knew it was there, watching Ryuuichi giving him a weird look. "You belong here. I mean, your soul, our soul, belong in this dimension, this world. Perhaps I should explain the core first.

"The Historian Ring has only one owner and only one. No other people can use it. As you've known that I'm the First one, I was it's owner."

Ryuuichi didn't exactly understand as he looked at the ring on his finger. If it only has one owner, then why was he able to use it? He looked up as Caelum continued. "If you were thinking that it chooses it's owner by the vessel and flames, then you're wrong. The Historian Ring chooses it's owner through the soul. In another word, we are the owner."

"Is it because.. We've the same soul?" A nod was his reply. "Yes. I'm not sure if it has any other owner before me, but I was the rightful one, we are. And it has been for 400 years"

"So... That's what you meant by 'in thy new vessel'?"

"You caught on fast. And yes. When I die in my first vessel, my soul, our soul, drifted into a new body, reincarnate, if you know what I mean. The ring would somehow find it's way to the new body, and reclaim it's rightful place on the Historian's vessel. Our soul had changed vessels for 10 times, including mine and excluding your current one. And each time, we'll be reincarnated in this dimension. Until you, of course

"I'm not exactly sure what happened during the tenth transference to a new body, but you were reincarnated in another dimension. It was not possible to immediately transfer you back to this dimension without causing damage on the soul and the vessel. So I had to wait until you're 16 years of age before transferring."