Chapter 14 - The kiss of life

Joanna's POV

It was my last day already in New York. Tomorrow I'll be going back to Dominican Republic and keep going with my college life. These past two weeks were awesome, seriously, who would've thought I'd be hanging out with The Wanted in New York. We've been to the park, to the movies, we also stayed at home one day just chatting, and I got the chance to go to the studio with them twice, it was so cool.

I was at my aunt's flat when I got a text from Nathan.

'From Nathan: Meet us at the studio at 6, K? N ;) x'

'To Nathan: Alright ;) I'll tell my sister. J ;)xx'

I saw the clock and it was almost time for lunch, so I took a quick shower, and put some comfy clothes on. I then went to the kitchen to eat lunch, and after that I went back to the room to pit all my clothes into our suitcases.

By the time we were done it was 3:15, so I started getting ready, since the studio was half hour away. I took another shower. After I got out of the shower I went back to the room, I started to put on the clothes I've left on my bed before. I put some striped pants, a nice black blouse, and red heels. My makeup was light with red lipstick, just to make it nicer.

My sister was already at the living room waiting for me to go out. "Finally!" she said before opening the door for me and closed it behind her. 30 minutes later we were already in front of the studio building, New York's traffic was nice today, weird, but true. I got out of the car and entered the building. I already knew where the boys used to record their album so I went straight there, but didn't find them. Instead I found a simple piece of paper on the table saying "Go to the stairs" so I did.

When I got to the stairs, there was a sign there telling me to go up, so I did. Some seconds later I was opening the door of the rooftop. My jaw just dropped.

"SURPRISE!" everyone said. Even my sister was there. "What?" I asked. "Well, since you're leaving tomorrow, we wanted to make you a party" Nathan said before hugging me. "I'll miss you" he whispered in my ear. "I'll miss you too Nath" I said hugging him tighter. "My turn Sykes!" Jay said from behind Nath. "I'm gonna miss you so much" Jay told me hugging me. "I'm gonna miss you too, would you let me breathe now?" I said chuckling before he pulled me apart.

I was about to hug Max when my phone buzzed. It was from twitter, Tom mentioned me?

'@TomTheWanted: Look who's leaving... :/ I'll miss you @Nana1895' with a picture of me and Nathan hugging each other attached to the tweet.

"Aww TomTom! I'll miss you too" I said running to his arms to hug him. "Hey! What about me?" Max said. I went to hug him and finally Siva, Nareesha and Kelsey. Suddenly my phone went off, everyone on the Fanmily was talking about me, and following me. Luckily for me, there weren't any hate comments. I guess they like me?

The whole night we were talking, drinking, of course, and playing some games. I was already getting tired so I went to the corner where you could watch almost the whole city, I'll totally miss this. I woke up from my thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder. When I looked to my right Nathan was stood there smiling.

"Hey" I said smiling. "Where are the others?" I asked when I noticed we were the only ones in the roof now. "They're back downstairs" He said. "What are you doing here alone?" He asked me. "Just thinking" I said with a shy smile. "ok..." he said. We just stood there in the most akward moment. The only thing you could hear was the car horns.

Suddenly the wind blew a strand of hair in my face and he pull me close and tucked it behind my ear. We stood there looking at each other, when he started to lean in. Before I could say something I felt his lips against mine, his soft lips. I didn't know what to do, I just started kissing him back. His hands were on my waist and mine were on his neck. We pulled apart and looked at each other in shock. What did just happen? Did I actually kiss my Best friend? Wait, did I just kiss Nathan Sykes? What?

Suddenly his hands weren't on my waist anymore. He just ran away without saying a word. I was still shocked. We kissed. And I liked it. I actually liked that kiss.

I heard footsteps coming upstairs. "Nath, I h--" I said turning around but I cut off when I saw Jay standing in the door frame. "What happened?" he asked worried. "What? Why?" I asked like I didn't know anything. "Nathan just went downstairs and started walking in the room mumbling" he said. "He didn't say a word to us, he just started fighting with himself" he kept saying. "He--" he was gonna keep talking when I cut him off, "He kissed me" I said. His eyes just widened open.

He was walking towards me and we he was in front of me, he was gonna say something when we heard a door slammed so we looked to street and saw Nathan getting into his car and started driving. "Where is he going?" I asked Jay, but he didn't answered.

"I just don't want that kiss to ruin our friendship" I said before he pull me next to him hugging me. "Don't worry, he just needs to think a bit" he said rubbing my head.

Nathan's POV

What the hell did I just do? I kissed her, I kissed Joanna. You're so fucking stupid Nathan, she's just your friend. I was driving back to the hotel. My phone was going off all the way, I was getting calls and texts from everyone, but I wasn't in the mood to talk to them.

I got to the hotel and went straight to my room. I was thinking on my bed and minutes later I fell asleep.

I woke up as soon as I heard the door opening. I saw Jay walking into the room we were sharing. "Hey, sorry for leaving like that" I told him and he shook his head, "you should apologize to Joanna, not me" he said and I forrowed my eyebrows. "She told me about the kiss" he said. "Oh God, I just fucked everything up, didn't I?" I said. "I don't know mate, do you actually love her? Did that kiss meant something to you?" he asked. I didn't even think about it, I just nodded. I love her. And I messed everything up. She won't talk to me anymore. And after tomorrow, she would be gone, again. "I just don't want that kiss to ruin our friendship" I told him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

A/N: Oh oh! They kissed! =O and Joanna's leaving again... What do you think it will happen? Chapter 15 will be up tomorrow ;)

Thanks for all your support! Keep voting, leaving feedback and maybe add this to one of your reading lists?

Love you, J ;) xx