Chapter 22 - New Life

Joanna's POV

We all went to a fancy restaurant that night. I was wearing a black lace short dress and red heels. I straightened my hair since it was a bit curly.

"So Joanna, are you excited to start college here?" Nareesha asked me. "I'm very nervous" I said with a shy tone. "It's way different here, but you'll get used to it" she said smiling. "I hope so" I said. In less than two weeks I was gonna start college here, in London. Karla and I always talked about how cool it would be living in the UK, and now I'm here. But I'm gonna start all by myself.

After we finished eating, we sat there for a while talking a bit before making our way back to the flat. When we opened the door the boys collapsed on the couch and Nathan went to the kitchen. "Want something to drink babe?" he asked me. "No thanks, I'm a bit tired, so I'm just gonna take a shower and go to bed" I said before walking towards him and giving him a peck on the lips. "Good Night" he said. "Night" i said smiling. "Night Boys!" I said before going to my bedroom. I put on my PJ's and went to sleep.

*TWO WEEKS LATER*

Today's the day, first day at college here in London. If it was hard at DR, i can't even imagine how it'll be here. I got out of bed and started getting ready.

When I finished I went to the kitchen to get some breakfast. "Nervous?" I heard a voice and when I turned around Max was standing in the doorframe, I nodded and he smiled. "Don't be, you'll do great" he said. Sure, he's not the one that's going to study at a college, in a different language, in a different CITY! I need to calm down.

"Are you ready?" Nathan asked me while entering the room, I nodded as soon as I finished eating. "I'll give you a ride, let's go" he said. I went to my room to get my stuff and headed back to where Nathan was waiting for me. "Meet you at the studio lads!" Nathan shouted to the boys.

We got into Nath's car and he started driving. I was so nervous, I couldn't stop tapping my leg with my hand. "Babe relax" Nathan said chuckling before resting his hand on my shoulder to calm me down a bit. I took a deep breath and relaxed a bit. "Okay, here we are" he said. "You'll do great" he added before hugging me. "Thanks" I managed to say before getting out of the car. Okay, here I go.

While I was walking through the hall Looking for my class I bumped into someone. All the stuff he was carrying were all over the floor. Nice start Joanna. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" I said before kneeling down to help him with all his stuff. When I looked back at him, he had a huge grin on his face, "Don't be, it was all my fault, I was a bit distracted" He said and I nodded. "You're not from here right?" He asked me. "My accent is that bad?" I said making him chuckle. "You don't have a strong accent, But I can tell you're not british" he said. "I'm from Dominican Republic" I said. "Nice" he said before we stood up. "So, do you have a name?" He asked me, I laugh before telling him "Joanna and you?" i asked. "I'm Josh" he said.

"Hey" he said waving at someone behind me, I turned around and saw a beautiful brunette coming towards us. "Hey babe" he told her before giving her a little peck on the lips. "Joanna this is Victoria, my girlfriend" he said introducing me to her. "Hi" I said before shaking her hand. "Have I seen you before?" She asked and I shrugged. "I don't think so" I said.

"Oh I know!" she said. "You're Nathan Sykes's girlfriend" she added and that's when it hit me, she was a fan. "Yes, I am" I said smiling. "Are you part of the fanmily?" I asked. "Yes, she is" Josh said a little annoyed. "Of course! They're amazing" she said before looking at her phone. "Babe I gotta go to my class, bye, it was really nice to meet you" she said looking back at me before running out to her class.

"So where is your class?" he asked and I showed him the piece of paper with my schedule. "That's my class, come on, I'll take you" he said.

When it was time to go, I waved goodbye at Josh and Victoria and took a taxi to the studio where the boys were. When I got there all the boys greeted me. "How was your first day?" Nathan asked hugging me. "It was nice, I made some friends" I said. Josh and Victoria were so nice to me, they even gave me a little tour around the campus. "I told you it was gonna be just fine" he said smiling.

*ONE MONTH LATER*

One month already and I wanted get out of college. It was way more stressful than in DR. I got home and went straight to my room. I collapsed in my bed and I don't even know how long it took me to fall asleep...

Nathan's POV

I got home and all the lights were off. "Joanna?" I asked as I made my way into the living room, but there was no sign of her. I went to her room. When I opened the door I saw her sleeping already, it was only 10pm and she usually goes to bed at 1am. She was still wearing the same clothes, she even had her shoes on. So I got nearer and took her shoes off before going next to her and kiss her forehead. I then started walking out of the room.

"Nath?" I heard her husky voice.  

"Yeah?" I asked. "Could you sleep with me tonight?" She asked me and I nodded. "Sure, just let me take a shower ok?" I asked her and she nodded.

After I got out of the shower i put some sweat pants on and went to Joanna's room. When I entered the room she had her PJ's on and she was on the bed waiting for me. I collapsed next to her wrapping my arms around her waist tight. "Hard day?" I asked her. "Terrible" she said. "I'm so tired" she added resting her head on my bare chest. "Go to sleep babe" I said before starting to run my fingers through her hair while singing one of our songs softly. Five minutes later she was already asleep...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A/N: Hello!! Another update! \(^.^)/ yay! Joanna made some friends at college! And her life is slightly different now... What do you think it'll happen next? (This was a crappy chapter I know, but it'll get better)

Just wanted to add "Summer Love" has already more than 100 VOTES! Thank you so much to all the people that have voted for this fanfic, it means a lot!

OH! And could you please read my best friend's first fanfic?? Yeah, Karla has her fanfic now! ^.^ It's called ''This is how it all started'' and I'm in it! So, go to her profile @KarlaGarciaR =)

Love you, J ;) xx