{8} Home Sweet Hole

I stood behind the yellow tape that says, "CRIME SCENE DO NIT CROSS". Who knew I was going to be standing behind one of these. Everyone from the school was there and watching the paramedics take Aria inside the ambulance truck. The two girls were talking a police officer. I was hoping that the girls didn't say my name because I didn't need this right now. I felt a push on my shoulder but I didn't have the energy to scream at the person.

"Who would do this to her?"

I stayed silent. If I spoke, I would start screaming everything that was on my mind. Actually, nothing was on my mind. It was just blank and just...

I looked over at Chase and he was staring at the scene in front of him. He had sorrow and sympathy in his eyes. In the corner in my eye, I saw two figures walking away the scene, towards the woods. I grabbed Chase's wrist and pushed away the people that was in my way. We followed behind them.

When we were far away from the school, I shouted, “Why? Was this part of your plan because I wouldn't talk to your dad?"

The kept walking.

I stopped and screamed, "Answer me!"

They finally stopped and turned around. Their faces were emotionless like always. I knew they felt bad for killing Aria. I bet Vincent ordered them to kill Aria for no god damn reason.

"It's for the pack. We can't have a stupid teenage girl know that we exist," Serge said and narrowed his eyes at me.

"You didn't have to kill her! We could've told her to stay shut!” Chase screamed.

"Yes we did. Why do you care anyways? You just met her!" Clayton screamed back and took a step towards us.

"Who the hell was talking to you, mutt?" I piped in and glared at him.

"Don't talk to him like that," Serge growled.

"I can and I will. It's my mouth."

"Well you'll need to keep your mouth shut if you don't want people dying."

"What about you go away or kill yourself? It'll make the world a better place!"

I backed away, breathing heavily. I knew what I said was wrong, but it came out too fast. I didn't mean it but I couldn't take it back. Serge's eyes flashed with hurt but it came back to his regular self.

"Eddie..." Chase whispered.

I looked at the ground. I'm not taking it back. I'm standing my ground.

"You need to keep your friend on check," Clayton said. I could hear the anger in his voice.

"And you need to keep your neck on a leash!" Chase said back. I could see him shaking from anger.

The air changed.

I wanted to be back in school, talking to Aria and Chase about random things. I wanted to see Aria one more time before she could meet her death. I turned around and started walking.

"Where are you going?" Chase yelled.

"Home!" I yelled back. "I'm going home." I whispered the last part.

~~~

I opened the door with my keys and looked around. It looked the same. There was two coffee cups on the table and toasted bread. I guessed my parents were late to work. I ran upstairs in my room and closed the door. I sighed and lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I was going to miss this place. I wasn't going to see it for a long time. I turned my head to look at my desk that was next to my bed.

It was the picture where the whole family was happy. My dad kissing my mom on the cheek, my mom smiling, my grandpa ruffling my hair, and of course me smiling like an idiot. That was when I was twelve years old. I got up and started packing again. I grabbed everything that made me feel home and remember my parents. When I was done, I walked into my bathroom. I opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed my pills.

As I was closing the medicine cabinet, I taste something rubbery, bittersweet, and sour; something odd that made my head spin. I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair wasn't messy, my eyes weren't dull, but I had cuts on my lips. I opened my mouth and stuck out my tongue. What I saw made me jump back.

I quickly popped a pill in my mouth and covered my mouth, my hands shaking uncontrollably. I removed my hands away from my mouth and stuck out my tongue to see nothing.

I blinked a few times and chuckled. The pill was taking affect. I turned off the bathroom light, grabbed my bag, and walked downstairs. I walked outside and turned around to see my home again. I felt a tear slide on my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.

Stop crying. You're a Slayer, Eddie. My dad's words said in my head. I nodded and walked away the home that I once lived, with a black hole in my heart.