{47} Human

Chase held my hand the whole time. Edgar thought it was weird, I didn't care. I knew he would be freaking out so he needed comfort. I gripped Chase's hand tighter and walked towards Lupo. Edgar checked on Lochlan who was still on the floor breathing hard. I moved my eyes away from them and checked Lupo's pulse. He was breathing steadily expect for his brother. His eyes snapped open and coughed, turning away from me. Edgar growled when he heard Lupo cough but I glared at him and he went back to work. Lupo turned back and his eyes were scared and confused. It wasn't the reaction I was looking for.

"Eddie...he doesn't feel different," Chase whispered. I turned my head and raised an eyebrow. "He doesn't feel like an animal anymore. He feels human."

That's impossible. How could Lupo be human? He was born a werewolf, right? I knew Chase wasn't lying because who would lie about that? I looked back at Lupo and he sat up quickly, touching my head.

"Are you okay son? Why are you covered in blood?" He asked worriedly.

I shrinked back. What the hell? Why did he care about me now? His blue eyes were worried. He shouldn't worry about me; he should worry about himself because he's covered in blood and bruises. The side of his forehead was covered in dry blood, his white shirt was ripped in the front, and deep claw marks were on his arms. How could he possibly worry about me? I realized he was wanting for my answer.

I put on a fake smile and waved my hand around. "I'm fine. Do you know name your name...sir?"

It felt weird calling an Alpha sir since I shouldn't show any respect to them.

He nodded. "I'm Lawson. I have twin brother name Leonardo. We live togther. Now, what happened with you and him?"

Maybe Chase was right. He sounded human, he doesn't remember what happened, and he likely talked about him brother. He was living a normal life. "Chase, talk Lawson inside the cabin. I have to check the others," I ordered and got up, walking to Denis. I got my knees and put my ear on his chest. His heart was still beating so that's a good thing. I put my mouth near his neck and ran my tongue over his neck, tasting his blood. It was different. It was still sweet and good but became a little bitter. Denis eyes opened and he sat up quickly, coughing out blood. I put his head on my chest and ran my non bloody hand through his hair. His brown eyes looked up and he smiled weakly.

"Hey," he whispered.

I smiled back and said, "Hey. I'm glad you're alive."

"Me too. I missed you."

My heart jumped. I could never understand him.

"Serge!" I yelled. He ran towards us. "Bring Denis inside the cabin."

His eyes flickered to Denis and I was surprised he didn't growl. He simply put Denis' arm over his shoulder and walked to the cabin. Next was Brandon  I walked to him and saw him rubbing his head.

He looked around confusingly and his eyes widen when he saw me. "Hey...are you okay, man?"

Okay, this is getting creepy. First, I had a crazy (ex) Alpha asked me if I was okay, and now my bully, Brandon? What the hell is going on? Does he remember me?

"Yeah, I'm fine. Brandon do you remember me. right?"

He rolled his eyes. "Of course I do. You used to be a freak but now you're a hero."

"Yeah, I know. But you're a-did you just call me a hero?"

He nodded and smiled. How am I a hero? I killed my own for fuck sakes! I killed so many werewolves since thirteen and I'm a fucking hero? That doesn't apply for me. Brendan had the smile on his face yet it wasn't one of those 'I'm going to beat the shit outta you' smiles. He gave me a friendly smile that I didn't know it could exist on him. I narrowed my eyes at him but then shook my head. He didn't feel like a threat anymore. He was just his human self. Maybe better. I pulled him up as he hissed. He pulled up his shirt and there was a big purple and black bruise on the side of his stomach.