{23} Words From An Angel: Part I

When school ended, Denis and I walked into Mr. Naz classroom and saw Mr. Naz wiping the chalkboard. I called Mr. Naz and he turned around, giving me a warm smile. I gave him a small smile but then it disappeared and went to business mode.

"Hey, I have to talk to you something," I said and stared hard at him.

I wasn't sure what I was going to tell him. All I know that Lochlan told me to see Mr. Naz after school and tell him something. I don't know why I was listening to this dirtbag, but he's was messing with my head and it needs to stop now. Mr. Naz must have seen the stress on my face. He nodded at to sit down and we did. I sighed slowly and looked at Denis. He had a confused look on his beautiful face. Great. Now I'm calling him beautiful. What else am I going to say about him? I rolled my eyes and looked back at Mr. Naz.

"I have..." I cleared my throat and starched my head. "I know this is going to sound crazy but I have a dead guy's voice in my head and he's really getting on my nerves."

Mr. Naz blinked  and titled his head. Do all angels do that?

His eyebrows furrowed and he said, "I do not understand. How can you have someone's voice in your head if he's dead?"

"I don't know! That's why I came to you!"

That was a complete lie. I wanted, I needed, to tell someone before I breakdown again. I don't want to have another nightmare or hallucination about Aria or Denis. Mr. Naz sighed and took off his glasses; his blue eyes glowing. I looked at Denis and he had a horrified look on his face. He jumped out of his chair, backing up.

"What the fuck are you?!" Denis screamed. I heard a growl and I looked at Mr. Naz in shocked. I didn't know angels could growl.

"We're not always innocent, Eddie. And to answer your question, I'm an angel. I'm a helper of God."

"God?! God doesn't fucking exist!"

I expected Mr. Naz to growl at him more but he didn't. He simply put his glasses back on and walked closer to us.

"You haven't told him everything, have you?" Mr. Naz asked and raised an eyebrow at me.

I opened my mouth to disagree but then regretted it. And who wants to lie to an angel?

"Can we just calm down so I can explain?" I said calmly and grabbed Denis' hand. I pulled him to the chair he was sitting on and he sat down, staring profoundly at me.

"He isn't just a regular guy on the street. He was a werewolf and I...killed him." Denis opened his mouth to say something but I glared at him to shut up. "And after I killed him, his voice appeared in my head. He isn't talking to me right now but when he is, it's like a riddle or something. Can you do something?"

Mr. Naz bit his lips hard and blood was sliding on his chin. He saw what I was looking at and he placed his finger on his lips. The cut was gone. He wiped the blood on his suit sleeve and I was glad he did. Lately, I have been thinking about the black liquid or blood or whatever the hell it was and I want more of it.

'I wonder how an angel's blood would taste.'

I shook my head and waited for Mr. Naz to answer my question.

"Maybe this would work," he said.

He placed his hand on my forehead and I felt something peaceful go through my body but it disappeared when Mr. Naz pulled away. He stared at me for a few seconds and then frowned. He knew it didn't work.

"You have a strange soul, Eddie," he said slowly and looked at his hand.

"What do you mean by that?" Denis asked.

I looked at him and he looked offended by that. I smiled softly and felt something squeeze my hand. I looked at my hand and turned away, blushing madly. Damn him.

"Something...wicked inside you. It's almost becoming you. Are you seeing something that a normal person shouldn't be seeing?"

I flinched when he said normal and he gave me a sympathy look. I nodded. "Yes. I see black liquid randomly but..."

"But what?" Denis pressed.

"But that doesn't bother me. I like the black liquid. It gives me a rush that I love. It's like a drug, I carve it."

I bet I sounded crazy saying that but I didn't care. All I thought was the black liquid, the rubbery, bittersweet, and sour on my tongue.

"Eddie, you shouldn't talk like that," Mr. Naz warned.

"Why not? It's true." I said quizzically.

"Because it makes you sound crazy. Now we're worried about you," Denis said and placed a kiss on my hand. I smiled. I wanted to kiss his hand but Mr. Naz was here.

"Crazy isn't a good word for him. That black liquid is dangerous," Mr. Naz warned again.

"How is it bad? It gives me a rush. I need that!"

"You don't need it because it's werewolf and vampire blood."