{11} Fine

On the side is Segre! Yup, that's how he looks! Hope you enhoy! ^-^

~~~

I leaned my shoulder on the door and tapped my foot, waiting for Chase. It was the end of the school day and I wanted Chase to tell me where he was going. I know it sounds like I'm his father but something is wrong and I want to figure it by myself, and only myself. There was a tap on my shoulder and I was going to turn around when the person who tapped be appeared in front of me.

He smiled and said, "Sup bro? You wanted me to come here?"

I nodded and said, "Just wanted to make sure where you're going."

He chuckled. "I'm going to be at GameStop or go to the cabin."

"Maybe you could go home."

Sadness flashed in his eyes but he shook his head, looking down. I knew he was trying to forget about home. "Nah, I think I'm fine. I'll see you at the cabin."

Before he could leave, I hugged him, putting my cheek on his shoulder. I had to crouch down a little because he was a shorter than me. I moved my eyes towards his face and his eyes were glistering.

I hold him tighter and whispered, "I'll see you at the cabin, dude. Don't cry or you'll know what happens."

"You cry with me," he chocked.

I chuckled and nodded slowly. "Yeah. I'll cry with you and we don't like to cry."

Chase pulled away and gave me a cheeky smile.

"Thanks man," he said.

He wiped his eyes and turned around, walking away. He didn't wait for a welcome because I would only nod. I sighed and walked to the detention room. My mind wondered back to the black liquid. I didn't understand why I've been seeing black liquid. When I was in class and the black liquid came out of my mouth, nobody saw it but me. I thought Chase saw it but he didn't say anything. I mean, who could say anything when a kid has black liquid coming out of his mouth?

When I got in detention, my eyes flickered to the room and I groaned. I didn't want to see him right now. I walked across the room, far away from him and sat down, taking out my notebook. I was kind of afraid writing in my notebook because I might see the black liquid again. I took a deep breath and started writing the lyrics.

There's no room left for you
We'll stay carrying on.
Pray for, pray for me
We lost ourselves.

"Why do you think we lost ourselves?"

I jumped out of my skin and looked up to see his brown eyes staring profoundly at me.

I slammed the book closed and glared at him. "Why do you care? Why are you talking to me now?"

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?"

"Why do you have to change the subject?"

"Why do you write?"

I sighed through my nose. This wasn't going anywhere. I didn't understand why he chose the wrong time to ask me a question. But his question got me thinking. I didn't know why we lost ourselves. Maybe we lost ourselves to start a new life that we haven't created yet. I felt something warm on my hand so I looked at my hand and his warm hand was on top of mine. He squeezed my hand and I was going to return the favor but something snapped in my head. I pulled away, jumping out of my chair.

"Don't touch me again. I don't know what you're doing but it needs to stop," I said sternly.

He stood in front of me and I had to look down to not stare at his eyes.

"What if I don't want to stop?" He whispered.

I snapped my head up and raised an eyebrow. Have he lost his mind? Days ago he was angry and protective and now he's soft and gentle. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. I struggled, not liking the warmth.

"You're so cold," he whispered gently. My heart almost melted at his voice.

"Mutt, I'm serious. Let go of me!" I screamed and tried pushing him away.

At this point, I was punching his chest and stomach. He groaned a few times but kept his grip. Where's the teacher when you need them? Serge picked me up by my waist and slammed me on the desk. I groaned and quickly got up. His eyes were black now and his teeth were longer. I took out my dagger and put it in front of my face, guarding it.

Then something happened.

Serge froze and his eyes slowly turned back to his regular color. His whole body was intense and it looked like if someone touched him, he'll break.

"Look, Eddie, I don't want to hurt you," Serge said slowly.

"Then what the fuck do you want?" I yelled.

"I want to help you."

"With what? I'm fine!"

"Fine isn't seeing black liquid. Fine isn't having two bottles of pain killers in the bathroom, Eddie! You're sick!"

I didn't have to time to react to his first comment. I lunged at him and tried stabbing him but he kept moving a lot and he was holding my wrist with the dagger I was holding. Serge knocked the dagger away from my hand and flipped us around so he was on top and I was on bottom.

"Listen to me, Eddie! You're not fine! Just let me help you, okay?!" He screamed. 

I stopped struggling and looked at him dead in the eye.

"Get the fuck off of me, you mutt," I said.

His eyes widen and I smirked. I pushed him away and licked my lips. The bittersweet and rubbery taste came back. I looked at the clock and saw that it was time to go. I looked back to see if Serge was going to do something but he wasn't there. I looked around the room to see if he was anywhere in sight but he wasn't. The door busted open and the teacher walked in.

He had his hands on his hips and said, "Eddie Cano, why are you on the floor?"

I blinked a few times before answering. "I'm sorry. I dropped something."

He nodded and left me alone. I gathered my stuff and quickly walked out of the room. I knew something wasn't right. I usually wasn't like that when I'm in school. I shook my head and two things ran through my mind.  Serge and what he said.

"You're not fine! Just let me help you, okay?!"

His voice was frantic and almost scared. Was he scared of me or for me? He was right. I wasn't fine but I wasn't going to tell him that.