{38} She-Wolf

Wendy whined, throwing her head back. She lied her head on the back of the chair as I watched her. What's wrong with her blood? How could she be different from the rest of the werewolves? Chase twirled a silver necklace around his finger, looking around the room. Chase ignored Clayton because he didn't want ot hurt him but I knew they would talk it out. Serge sighed and stood up, examining his work. Wendy's wrist was chained to the wooden chair. Her blood was sliding down her neck but Chase and I weren't too fond of it. 

I turned to them and asked, "What do we ask?"

"What we want to know. She may not give us complete answers because she's a rouge," Vincent answered and walked towards her.

"Damn dude. Did you have to suck the life out of her?" Chase asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes and snatched the necklace from his finger.

"I didn't suck her that much. I stopped when it didn't taste right."

"How did it taste?"

I thought back how her blood tasted. Dry. Dreadful. Death. But Denis and Mr. Naz tasted sweet, favorable, fruity, alluring...all the good things that makes my mouth water.

"One word: terrible. I rather drink Denis and Mr. Naz's blood."

They all looked at me crazy and I gave them a sheepish smile. They shook their heads and looked back at Wendy who was waking up. She blinked rapidily and when she saw us, she started struggling and growling. I rolled my eyes and swung the necklace across her face. Her head turned the other way, growling loudly. She turned her head back and barked at me. "Do you know who you're messing with? I can have your throat ripped off! I can have your bones hanging like a Chrismas tree!"

I bend down so our faces could be face to face. "I could give a fuck who you are. You and other goddamn creatures are destroying my life. Now, I want you to give us information about the war."

Wendy laughed; her laughter echoing the whole cabin. When she finished laughing, her eyes were black and she started digging her nails into the chair's arms. "Lupo said it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it?"

I sighed tiredly through my nose, and Chase saw the frustation. He gave me a needle that was filled with silver inside. I smirked at Wendy and stabbed the needle on her neck. She gasped and gritted her teeth. I pulled the needle out and she started coughing harshly. I grabbed her chin roughly and looked into her eyes.  

"How do we stop the war?" I whispered.

She chuckled and spitted on my face. "Lupo will find me. He knows my sent. He knows everything, Eddie."

I stood staright, wiping the spit off my face, and took the knife that Chase was holding. I flipped it on my hand. Throw, catch, throw, catch, throw, catch. Wendy looked hypnotize, following my movement. Her eyes held fear but she tried to force it down deep. I could see right through her. I held the knife on her neck and grabbed her hair, pushing her neck to the tip of the knife.

"I'm going to say this again," I said, "give us information about the war."

Wendy threw her head, screaming and growling to no end. She hung her head low, and drips of silver was coming out of her mouth. "New supernaturals. You and Chase aren't the only ones, but you're the commmon ones."

I backed away and turned around to see Serge, Vincent, and Chase's faces. They were right. They do want to test us like animals. I touched my bottom lip and felt the cuts. I dropped the knife and held my stomach, groaning slightly. Chase automatically rushed towards me and grabbed my waist, pulling me up.

"Are you hungry?" Wendy cooed.

I wrapped my arms around Chase's neck and buried my face on his shoulder. Chase whispered smoothing words into my left ear, but my thought kept coming back to the black blood or any kind of blood.

"Keep it in, Eddie. Don't let it out. I'm hungry, too," Chase whispered.

I gripped Chase's neck, digging into his skin, feeling the warm blood. I shut my eyes and nodded. I gasped when I felt my back tearing apart, lke a paper tearing slowly and painfully. Chase held onto my waist tighter and moved his head. I opened my mouth to let out a scream but nothing came out. I was in pain by silence. My legs went numb, my nails digged deeper into his skin, and my back was getting heavier and heavier. The weight was killing me. Someone grabbed the back of my shirt, making a fist and then ripping it off. I heard a gasp and it frightened me. I looked over my shoulder to see Serge taking steps back as Vincent and Mr. Naz watched silently. Something warm leaked down on my back made me shivered. I sighed deeply as the aching pain continued.

"Wow, I thought we were freaks. What the hell are you?" Wendy asked with fake confusion. 

I closed my eyes and tried blocking out her voice.

"I don't understand why, out of all people, Lupo wants you. You're just a freak of nature. Nobody likes freaks, Eddie."

"Shut up." I said with gritted teeth.

"Nobody loves freaks. You and Chase are going to die. Die slowly and painfully and nobody wouldn't want to miss a wolf ripe a Slayer's heart out. Have you tried their heart? Oh, that's right. You only enjoy their blood."

"I. Said. Shut. Up."

My hands curled my into fists and pushed my face close to Chase's neck. I wanted her to shut up, I wanted the dull throbbing of my back stop, I wanted to Angel's blood. But I can't have those things.

"Does your mother even know what you are? She might not even know because she'll be dead before you get to her. Hurry Eddie. I can already hear her cries!"

My eyes snapped opened and I screamed, pushing Chase away from me. I pounced on Wendy and starched her face. She growled and pushed me away. I landed on my back, raging. Chase tackled her and stabbed another needle in her neck. Wendy screamed and pushed Chase away, his head landing on a wall. I quickly got up as she ran towards Serge. I grabbed her hair and slammed her on the ground. She groaned, standing back instantly. I had enough of this.

Out of nowhere, Chase got on her back and started stabbing her back rapidly. She shrugged him off easily and stared at me. Her fire hair was messy, the side of her neck was bloody, and her black eyes were staring deadly at me.

"You're gonna die, Eddie Cano!" She roared. Wendy sprinted towards me, claws out, mouth wide open. When she was close to me, I grabbed her face and smirked.

She chuckled darkly as I pressed my nails into her cheek. "Don't you see, Eddie? You're already close to death. You already seen him."

My smirk widen as I cassred her cheek and whispered, "Of course. He's inside of me, and you're going to meet him by his touch."

Her eyes widen and I snapped her head to the right and then left. I dropped her lifeless body and kicked her leg softly. I chuckled when she didn't move. Perfect. I turned around to see Vincent, Serge, Mr. Naz, and Chase staring at me. Chase moved closer to me, rubbing the back of his head. He touched my shoulder and I looked at it, seeing his blue veins moving, hearing his heart beat beat faster. I knew why he was like this.

"Eddie," he whispered. I looked into his eyes and I calmed myself a little.

"I was Edgar," I whispered bitterly. 

Chase nodded, fullying understanding me. I could always love Chase for that. He could understand me without questioning about it. He mostly got on my good side.

"Are you okay?"

I didn't know how to answer that. I just killed a She-Wolf, Denis' girlfriend, in front of everyone. The scary part was snapping her neck. I never did that to a werewolf, I never tortured them. The thought of blood drives me crazy to the point where I might become a serial killer. But wasn't I supposed to be the good guy? Helping the town get rid of filfthy werewolves? It seems like I'm doing that, but not the way I want it to be. Chase stared profoundly at me, waiting for my answer.

I patted his shoulder and let out small grin. "I'm hungry."