{19} Um...?

I stepped on the cigarette that I've dropped and kept walking into the woods. I thought what Mr. Naz told me. Fucking angels are in Earth and what? They are guardians to good and bad people? Why haven't my dad told me angels existed? And why the hell do we need angels? I scoffed and kept walked faster into the woods. I wonder if Chase and Denis are okay.

I took out my phone from my pants pocket and dialed Chase's number. It rang a few times before going to voice mail. I rolled my eyes and put my phone back in my pocket. What the hell is going on with Chase? I jumped when my phone started ringing. I took out my phone and rolled my eyes again. I pressed Accept.

"Hello fucker. Thanks for answering my call," I said sarcastically and shook my head.

"Sorry man. I was doing something," Chase apologized.

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing." I glared at the trees that were in front of me. He knew I hate lying.

"Whatever. Anyways, where are you guys? How's Denis?"

"Thanks for asking if I'm okay. Jerk."

"Are you okay?" I said in a baby voice.

"I'm okay, asshole. Anyways, he went home. I told him that you'll explain what the hell is going on later." I almost dropped the phone when he said that

"What the hell man? You let a guy, a guy who is HUMAN, out when Serge and Clayton are trying to kill them?!" I screamed.

There was movement in the background and a crash and then a curse. "Look, I'm sorry that I let a guy out but why do you care? And-"

"Not now, Chase. I need to find him before he gets killed. Do you have his number?"

"Yes, but-"

"Thanks.Text me the number."

I pressed 'End' and waited for Chase to text me the number. I bumped onto something soft so I looked up and came in view with warm, brown eyes.

I gave out a sigh before saying, "Geez man, you scared me! Are you hurt?" He nodded his head and I ran a hand through my hair. "Do you think you can walk by yourself?"

He gave me a slight nod and I looked around. The sun was out but it was close to becoming nighttime. I think he has to make it. And I don't think Serge and Clayton would kill him. If they hurt Denis, Mr. Naz, Chase, and I would kick their asses. Nobody is getting hurt today, tomorrow, or the next day by a bunch of furballs. I was going to say something when I noticed that Denis' face was close to mine. He wasn't this close to me when I looked at him. I swallowed a big lump that appeared and took a huge step back.

"Um. Chase said that I'll explain what the hell is going on, right?" I croacked.

He nodded slightly again. Why isn't he talking and why is my voice cracked? I'll hurry this up.

"I'll explain it to you tomorrow but right now you need to go home," I said, finding my voice again.

"Okay," he whispered.

Thank God he said something. I flinched at the word God. I gave him a small smile and before I could walk away, he grabbed my wrist and gently kissed me on the cheek. Denis pulled back a little and stared into my eyes. My tongue got tangled when I wanted to say something.

"See ya, Eddie," he said seductively and kissed the corner of my lips before walking away. I watched as he walked away. I touched my cheeks and started walking to the cabin.

"Um, the fuck just happened happened?" I spat out.