{48} The Awkward Kiss

I opened my eyes to see a tan back leaning on me. I moved away a little to look around. I sighed and tried to fall back to sleep but the light was killing me. I groaned and wiped the tiredness from my eyes. Chase turned around and wrapped his arms around me He put his head on my chest and mumbled something I could care less. I smiled sleepily at Chase's sleepy face. He looked young and calm. He looked human. I moved my head to see the time and I groaned again.

School.

Yay.

I removed Chase's arms from my waist and got up, cracking my bones.

I haven't heard anything from Edgar and Lochlan. I didn't know where they were. It's like they left for good. I felt kind of sad if they left because they did defeat my dad and I couldn't do it without their help. I grabbed my pillow and whacked it on Chase's face. Chase jumped up and looked around, groaning.

"What the hell, Eddie?! It's too early for this shit!" He screamed.

I chuckled and threw the pillow at him. "Shut up Chazz. It's Monday which means we have school."

He groaned again and fell back on the bed. I wanted to skip school because I was a little sore from the fight but I missed too many days from school. As much I didn't want to admit it, I wanted to see Brandon and how he would get Denis to like him. I told Denis about Brandon and he instantly didn't like him. But that was before. I really think Brandon is going to change. Serge took them home as Chase and I put my mom and Lawson in spares room that Vincent had. Vincent told me Mr. Naz left but he'll be coming back. I wondered when.

"Get up and make me breakfast, bitch," I said and gave him a cheeky smile.

He glared at me. "Asshole."

"Loser."

"Dick."

"Wimp."

We stared at each other before smiling. 

~~~

I stared at the mirror as I brushed my teeth. I spitted out the form and put water in my mouth. I gargled and spitted again. I checked myself in the mirror. No cuts, no dull eyes. and no messy hair. I looked like a normal teen who was tired from school. I opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed my pills. Should I take one? Would I see the black liquid again? Would I see Lochlan or Lupo?

I frowned and put all the pills on my hand. I moved it around in my hand until I made my decision. I put my hand over the sink and dropped them slowly. I turned the faucets on and the water washed the pills away. I felt a big weight off my shoulders. I sighed slowly, turned, and walked out the bathroom only to be bumped by a chest. I looked up and saw Serge smiling. I smiled back and moved out of his way.

As I walked into the room, I said over shoulder, "Good morning."

And there was actually good about this morning. 

~~~

Chase grabbed my hand as we walked downstairs. Lately, Chase has been a little jumpy and I have no idea why. I didn't want to ask him if he wasn't ready to talk about it. I think it has to be about his mom and dad. I pulled Chase in the kitchen and he let go. Vincent was reading the newspaper, Serge was eating bacon, and Clayton looked like he was thinking. I snapped my fingers in front of his face and he blinked quickly.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He gave me a half smile and said, "Yeah, just thinking."

I nodded and grabbed cereal from the cabinet. I then went to the fridge but then stopped as soon as my hand touched the handle. I remembered that Vincent and his gang liked meat and beer so I knew there wasn't anything healthy in there. I guess Vincent saw me because he put his newspaper down and took off his glasses.

"Open the fridge. There's a present inside," he said.

"I hope it isn't another dead body," I said and glared at Clayton.

He put his hands up in surrender and jokingly said, "he wanted to know how cold my fridge was. Plus, he was an asshole."

"Then you should put Eddie in it," Chase piped in.

Serge snorted and my eyes moved to him. He saw my expression and went back to eating. I opened the fridge and a big smile grew on my face as I spotted every food. No meat or beers. Juice, water. vegetables, fruits, and left over pizza that was neatly placed on top. It didn't look like a door where you stacked dead people instead. It looked like a regular fridge where regular people would eat. I grabbed the milk and poured it in the cereal bowl. I pushed the bowl towards Chase and he quickly dug in. I put the milk back in the fridge and closed it. I watched Chase a few minutes and looked at Serge. He held a piece of bacon in front of me.

"Nah I'm not hungry," I said politely.

"I can hear your thoughts, Eddie. I know you love bacon," Serge said put the greasy bacon in my hand.

I opened my mouth to say something when Serge grabbed my hand and smacked the bacon in my mouth. I glared at him as he laughed. Hysterical. 

~~~

Vincent decided to do something different today. I thought it was weird for a werewolve, expsecailly a Gamma, to take us to school. Serge and Clayton whined like babies while Chase and I watched them. We thought it was freaking funny and laughed everytime Vincent barked at them when they wouldn't shut up. And they were still doing it. I covered my mouth and tried controlling my laughter but Vincent's face killed me. I put my head back as our laughter mixed into the commotion.

When we finally got in the parking lot, Serge, Vincent, and Clayton got out of the car, yelling at each other more. Chase giggled and I shook my head smiling. I watched them at the window and Chase giggled more. People were gathering around to see what was going on and that made Serge and Clayton more embarassed. I turned my head and my eyes locked with Chase. His smile slowly dropped and I went to brother mode.

"Are you okay, Chazz?" I asked.

Why did he suddenly get sad? Is he okay? While I was trying to figure out what was wrong, his face got closer to mine and he softly pressed his lips on mine. My eyes widen and I pulled away quickly. Chase's cheek flushed. I looked at him surprised. What the hell was that? Maybe it was an accident. We were too close to each other and we pressed our lips together by accident. Yeah, that's a good excuse. Right? Oh god. Chase just kissed me. I waited for him to say something, anything to end this awkward silence.

"I'm sorry," he said. Finally. I was on the verge of jumping out of the car and run to class. "It's just...I feel safe around you and I thought kissing you would realized if I like you or not."

I was tensed by the kiss but I calmed down.

"Dude, if you wanted to know if you like me or not, just ask," I said softly.

His eyes widen and he moved closer to me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the back of Chase's neck and smashed our lips together. The whole time we kissed, our eyes were opened. This is really weird. It doesn't feel comfortable or right. Chase looked like he was having trouble concentrating. I pulled away and Chase looked confused.

"I thought I liked you," Chase announced.

"You did but I'm not the one. Dude, you're like my brother," I said disgustingly.

He laughed and got out of the car. I got out as well and we walked to school. He knew I was joking but I wasn't lying about him being my brother.

"Hey man. Can we never talk about this?" Chase questioned.

I laughed and patted his back. "Of course, wimp."