{29} Forgiveness

I didn't pay attention to Chase or Serge. Chase didn't pay attention to me. Serge didn't pay attention to me. Vincent and Clayton eyed us but I tried to not care. Of course I would care. I cared about Chase and I'm not sure about Serge. After the incident with Serge and I, I couldn't look at him in the eye. I never had a werewolf lick me and it was gross, disgusting, uncomfortable, and just...I sighed and laid my chin on my hand.

I wanted the day to be over so I could go to the cabin and fall in a peaceful sleep. But I couldn't have a peaceful sleep when your best friend was mad and you're the cause of it. I had to sleep on the couch for two days and I'm sick of it. Vincent tapped his fingers on the kitchen table as he watched us eat.

"I think you should go to school now. I don't need any more phone calls from the school telling me all of you are late for school," Vincent growled annoyingly.

I chuckled and got up, grabbing my book bag behind the chair. I didn't look over my shoulder because I knew Chase and Serge would ignore me. I heard a chair move and footsteps behind me. I opened the door and made my way into the woods.

"Chase misses you." I looked over my shoulder to see Clayton behind me, looking down.

"I know. I miss him, too. He knows I'm sorry," I said lowly.

It was true. I couldn't stand Chase not talking to me because he would usually help me with things that I couldn't help by myself. He found my song book. And if that isn't a huge thing for me, then I don't know what the hell is. I looked at Clayton who had bags under his eyes, his hair a little messy, and his eyes bloodshot. The weird was Chase had the same thing that Clayton had. Bags under his eyes, hair messy, and bloodshot. Weird.

"Clayton," I whispered. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I needed someone to tell me the truth. I needed someone to tell me that nothing bad was going to happen. "Do you think something's wrong with me?"

His eyes flashed with understanding and pity. It's weird asking a werewolf this because something is wrong with them. But having a dead man's voice who was a werewolf and a vampire is fucking odd. It's beyond odd and normal than being a werewolf. Normal. Clayton sighed and looked around the woods as we walked.

"In the beginning, yes. You're a fucking Slayer for fuck sake's. But having black eyes like us and not smelling like a werewolf is definitely weird."

Well, I did asked for the truth.

~~~

 I sat down in my regular seat and saw Denis with his head down and his eyes closed. My lips curled into a smile when I saw his sleeping face. He looked adorable. I reached over to him, brushing his hair away from his eyes. He fluttered his eyes open and looked at me in the eyes. We stared at each other until I reached back and gave him a small smile. Denis frowned and put his head up, glaring at me with his brown eyes.

"It looks like I have to explain myself, don’t I?" I joked and starched the back of my neck.

He nodded and said, "I never thought this would be hard for me."

I raised an eyebrow and opened my mouth but he continued. "I know you're not like other people I've met, Eddie. I like that. But I don't want you to know what happened to my parents. I don't want to bring the guilt to you."

I slowly put my head down, my hair covering my eyes. I felt Chase's eyes bore on me but I tried my best ignoring him for a few minutes. Denis made felt things...things I thought I would never experience.

"Denis-"

I was cut off with a kiss on the cheek. I looked at Denis with teary eyes.

"I forgive you," he mumbled.