{25} For Being You

I smiled when Denis tripped on a log that he tried passing. He groaned and got up, dusting off his jeans. I haven't smiled this much since I turned thirteen. It felt nice because Chase didn't make my heart pound when he made me smile. This only meant one thing. I was either having heart problems or I...actually like Denis. It felt weird liking another boy. I didn't have time to date girls because of werewolf business. But I might have time for Denis.

"Are you some type of hero? Saving us from big bad wolves?" Denis joked.

I gave him a half smile and bumped my shoulders to his. "Maybe. But the term is Slayer. We just do what we gotta do."

"And you're fine with this?"

I bite my bottom lip and looked down on the ground. There were many reasons why I didn't want to become who I am. But it looked like I have to deal with it for the rest of my life. I complained at first, but now, I don't give a flying fuck. I hated my dad for forcing me to join Slayers but this is big. Becoming a High Rank Slayer is the biggest challenge ever. I looked up and saw Denis looking at me. I felt my cheeks heat up. Must've been the weather.

"I don't know. It's complicated and I don't feel like talking about it."

Denis nodded and kept walking. "What do you feel like talking about?"

I smirked. "Let's talk about you."

Denis chuckled and blew in his hands, trying to warm them. "Okay, what do you want to know?"

"Start something simple."

"I'm from New York, Queens. I moved here because of stupid school. My parents are dead. I live with my aunt and granddad. They can be a pain in the ass but I love them. I have a step-brother but he doesn't know I exist."

I stared at him in shock. I didn't expect him to tell me that but I was glad he did. If he can tell me anything about himself then so can I.

Denis looked at me and smiled. "Too much?"

I shook my head and smiled. "No, not at all."

There was silence as we got near the cabin. I felt a little sad that I had to go into the cabin and I couldn't be out with Denis

. "Well you already know what I do for a living. I used to live with my parents but now I live with a bunch of dogs and my best friend, Chase."

"Why do you call werewolves dogs?" Denis asked.

I sighed slowly and said with gritted teeth, "Because they are. They don't deserve to live."

Denis gave me a shocked face before nodding his head. I knew he didn't expect me to answer like that, but it wasn't my fault I wasn't brutally honest...sometimes.

We stood in front of the cabin door and face each other. I knocked on the door and gave Denis a warm smile as he looked around. This was awkward. I wanted to ask him when he kissed my cheek. Was he going to kiss me again? My mind was telling me to stop thinking about Denis and focus on werewolves and trying to find their weakness. But I just can't when his blonde, almost white, hair is falling over his eyes and I wanted to brush them over. Why wasn't he looking at me? I heard a click and my smile turned a frown. I guess this is the end of our night before I go back to this dog house. I grabbed the door knob and gave him a nod.

"See ya tomorrow, I guess," I said sadly.

I was going to turn the door knob when I felt hands on my cheeks and stared into brown eyes. His hands dropped from my face and I titled my head. His warm lips touched my cold cheek and I smiled. Why was I smiling so much? He took a step back and I blinked a few times.

"Why did you do that?" I asked, puzzled.

Denis beamed and said, "For telling me who you are. For being you and I love that."

I wasn't sure if he said he loved me or being me is what he loved. Love. That word puzzled me no matter what. I shook my head, erasing that word.

I gave him a crooked smile. "Bye."

"Bye...Ed." He winked and turned around, walking away.

I opened the door and closed it behind me. I was going to go upstairs when I saw Chase sitting on the stairs. I sat down next to him and bumped my shoulder on his.

"What's up, Chazz?" I asked happily. He looked up, his eyes glistering with tears. I noticed his eyes and cheeks were red, his nose running a little bit, and his hair messy and its never messy. He likes it straight and down.

He gave me a pained smile and said, "You only use my nickname when you're happy."

"I don't care about me. What's wrong? Did someone hurt you?" I said quickly and I felt myself starting to shake. If someone hurt Chase, I'll slit their throats. I'll choke them until their eyes come out. I'll freaking break their fingers so they won't touch Chase again.

Chase chuckled darkly. "My mom is gone...forever."

!!!

I realized that I NEVER showed Chase! Chase is playing Jay Park, yes the model and singer. I found him on Nigahiga and I just thought he would make a great Chase and he's freaking good looking. Anywho, I have two ideas but I'm not sure how it's going to work out. ANOTHER ANYWHO, I'll add Clayton and Mr. Naz...hopefully.