20. || clouds

Another Girl On Fire cover, haha. Honestly, this one was one of my favorite covers for the longest time, and I still really like it. Now what's better now than to teach you guys how to do it for yourselves?

i. Open your image as the background. I recommend to get one of a close up on the person's face, or else it might not turn out as planned. Also make sure it's already edited and all of that jazz, but if it's not just simply make it black and white if you want it like mine above.

ii. Open the cloud image and select either lighten on the transform tab, or if you want it to be more clearer, you can invert the image and then choose screen. Both work, but personally I think inverting it looks better.

iii. Position it where you want. To make your person stand out more, i recommend to use the soft brush and mask out a little around the face and body, only so the smoke doesn't cover them up completely. Merge when done.

iv. You can keep repeating this process until you get what you want. There's a lot of smoke images out there that you can use too, so don't think you're limited to just the images I give you. Save the image and then add the title in phonto!

Kinda hard, kinda easy. It does look super cool though whenever you're done, and honestly, I kinda wanna do more of my covers like this now, haha. But ask questions if needed!