44. || background swirl

This is inspired by allisonsargent (ps I'm in love with all of your covers literally you're my new inspiration) but here's the tutorial!

i. Open a color of your choice as the background. Next, open the image below as the foreground and move it to where it's where you'd like it to be on the cover, but make sure you put the overlay type on multiply. If you want the other color on the cover to be black, leave the swirl black. If not, got to filter and turn the contrast all of the way down (if you do this, you'll need to use the magic brush to get rid of the white around the swirl). Next, go to the colors and play around with it until you get the color you want. Merge.

 Merge

ii. Open your PNG and place it on the bottom of the cover, or wherever else you'd like it to be. Merge that, and if you want to do something like Allison's hand above, all you do it upload the photo as the foreground and erase the part where it would be behind the swirl. Merge that and save.

iii. Open in phonto and add your title. I used CODE bold above and spaced it out, but use whatever font you'd like. You're done!

Super easy and adorable cover, I love it!

(Thanks for 5.2k votes and 123k reads! You guys are awesome)