Chapter 1

"Obito..." I said quietly. "You promised me..."

I couldn't hold my tears back any longer and they started falling.

"I'm sorry..." He answered weakly.

I put my hand on top of his.

"I can't lose you Obito, I just can't," I whimpered. "I can't handle the thought of not having you by my side,"

I gazed into his crimson orbs and entwined our hands.

"I never got the chance to tell you," He started. "But I love you. I meant it when I told you that I loved you, Hana. Thank you for being by my side this whole time,"

I started sobbing uncontrollably. The rain and my tears mixed together and they fell to the ground.

Suddenly, the sun started shining and my surroundings were getting brighter.

My eyes opened slowly and I was blinded by the sun shining through my curtains. 

I felt wetness on my cheeks and on my neck, so I felt it and realized I was crying in my sleep again. This happens a lot.

But can you blame me? He was the love of my life and those dreams of my last moment with him constantly haunt me. I missed him so much that it physically hurts me. 

I turned over and looked at the calendar. Even the calendar was against me today.

The date read February 10th.

I wiped my tears away with my blanket and sat up, staring off into space for a few minutes before getting ready.

Once I finished showering and getting ready, I put on some nicer clothes and went to the kitchen to cook some soup and get a bottle of wine ready.

Today was important to me since it is his day after all. 

The soup was ready to go in about thirty minutes and I packed it in a container and got a picnic basket ready. I always did this every year and I would visit him at the cemetery.

The walk to the cemetery took about ten minutes from my house and thankfully, it was empty. No one really came here early in the day.

I walked to the back of the cemetery and I looked down at the headstone with a sad smile on my face.

"Happy birthday Obito," I whispered. 

I spread the blanket in front of his headstone and sighed.

"God, I miss you so much,"

I did this every year his birthday passed by. 

And every time I did, all I could think of his how his death screwed with my head. I had PTSD from the war, PTSD from losing him like that, and I couldn't even bring myself to go on dates with anyone else because my love for him was still there and that would feel like I'm betraying him. 

Even if we were just kids back then, I knew from the moment we first got together that he was the only one for me. 

I quietly ate my soup and had a glass of wine while memories flooded through my mind. Some happy ones and sad ones.

There weren't any words to describe how bad I longed for his touch and to just hear his voice again. I just wanted him to just come out and tell me this is a bad joke while holding me.

But of course, this isn't some kind of novel. This is real and he's actually gone. 

"I wish you were here..." I trailed off, with a small tear threatening to spill.

"So, you're still visiting I see,"

I jumped and quickly turned around. I rose an eyebrow in disbelief when I saw who it was.

"I didn't expect for you to be here, Kakashi,"

He looks way different nowadays. He wears the standard jounin outfit, a headband covering one eye where Obito's sharingan is, and his hair grew way longer. 

But looks aside, what the hell? 

He suddenly just appeared out of nowhere after he pretty much called off our friendship. 

I turned back around to finish my brunch.

"Of course I am," He replied. "I also kind of came here to check on you,"

I still didn't turn to face him.

Now he does this? After all this time?

I didn't mean to sound like a bitch, but I couldn't help my question.

"Why?" I ask. "We haven't spoken a word in years and you didn't even bother to check on me after everything that happened, so what's with this all of a sudden?"

He took a few seconds to respond. "I expected you to say that. I wanted to explain myself to you and I came here to pay my respects to Obito since it is his birthday after all,"

I had to process what he said to me and sighed. 

I put my things away and gulped down the last bit of my wine. 

"Later, okay?"

I turned around and his expression didn't change.

"I came here to visit him today and I don't want to do this here. Just come by my place tonight and we can talk." 

He nodded and I walked away.

I didn't know how to feel right now. Yes, I was sad since I just visited Obito's headstone, but now Kakashi decided to complicate things even further. 

I walked back to my house so I could drop off the picnic basket. 

I still couldn't stop wondering how the conversation was going to go tonight. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, after the long hiatus, I'm back with a newly updated version of this story. I have almost everything figured out for this. Expect updates from now on. I'm glad to be back in this.