Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Hey Scott! It's good to see you!" Paris greeted him with a smile.

And when Paris smiles?

"Why did you gave Valerie a rose? Are you trying to court her?"

Scott's jaw drop. He wasn't expecting that question. On the other hand there was Connor, his hands fisted into a ball. Damn. The nerve of this guy! Fuck! Paris hid the smile forming on her lips. Ha! If Connor cannot take care of her best friend properly then she'll help someone to take care of her!

But on the other side, Connor, Damn! It is frustrating him. It's waking the possessive side of him. Fuuuck!

"Guess he wouldn't pass. He can't afford the flower that Valerie loves." Connor said with a smirk, trying to maintain his composure. Of course he will not let that Paris irritate him. Moreover, he will never build up Scott.

Valerie loves the Juliet Rose. It costs three million pounds, something his dad loves to give his mom every anniversary. His dad is fond of giving his mommy Katherine flowers every morning.

And he plans to do that with Valerie too when they marry.

If his mom would just let his dad, he is willing to give her that flower.

And his daddy does not just but these flower.

He farms them by himself, every flower he was giving his mom was something his dad planted.

No. It never made him a lesser man. Actually, it made him more of a man.

"That doesn't matter. What's the sense of buying an expensive flower if the giver is not sincere in his intentions?" Paris spat.

"So Scott..." Paris trailed.

"How much does that flower cost?" Belle asked. "A hundred thousand dollars?" She curiously added.

Paris smirked again, a real social climber. "You know what Belle, why do you keep on asking for prices? None of us cares about it. Is this a survey or something?"

She was on the "shame spotlight" again. And Connor? He threw daggers at Paris.

"I haven't seen you in the morning." It was Scott asking softly. He's sitting beside Valerie, three of them on the chairs on the left and the two were on the other side.

"I-I run out with Philip." She said weighing Belle's reaction.

Belle's shoulder fell and looked at Connor, with those eyes, pleading, asking for pity.

Paris would be glad if she'll be given a chance to go grab her eyeballs.

"I thought...I thought we are running buddies Philip." She unashamedly utter. Right in front of Valerie.

Paris is raging in anger. Ugh! Why can't anyone see that she's all faking it? That she wanted the spotlight? That she was trying to fit in?

She's somehow guilty about this. She knows Valerie is popular in Europe, but not so in America, while she's really known in America, her friends are heiress too and she thinks it's a reason, aside from Belle smelling Connor's wealth, why she's befriending them.

"I never knew your feet are attached with Con-Philip's. Of course you can run without him."

Valerie pinched her on her lap before saying, "I think we should go."

Yeah. Before I smudge in her face, Paris mentally utter.

Valerie looked at Connor, one last time and smiled fake before turning her back.