Chapter 29

Hi guys! Sorry for short updates ;)

So as you can see, Philippines is a great country for you to start moving on in case you have heartaches! HAHA. Kidding ;)

Follow me on instagram: @misscamillae

Chapter 29

Mom and dad came in the Philippines too with the doctor's and the equipments.

The doctor said he needs to conduct tests on me, and he did, even before we can talk.

Connor was at my side, holding my head as needles go into me.

All the machines were from Europe, I know it will be more dangerous if I travel, especially right now that I'm carrying a little baby on me.

We settled down on the dining area, four doctors are with us.

"The baby is healthy, no worries as to the little baby. However your condition is what worries us..." He trailed.

"Cancer of the brain is dangerous, you're at the advance stage now..."

"But we can do something right?" Dad asked in a dangerous tone, like all you can answer him is a yes.

"It will depend on Miss Valerie." He said.

"She's young, she can tolerate the pain more. The four of us talked, we do have a plan, however it is only Valerie who can put it into action."

"What was it?" Connor asked, he never left my side he never looked intimidated by dad

"Let's be honest, this will be too difficult. Valerie needs everyone of you. At her case, the longest time she'll live is six months, the baby, she has to be born after her six month, because that's all that Valerie can take, she can give birth at six month, have a week rest, then proceed to the operation. However there's too much risk on it."

"What is not more riskier then?" Daddy asked again, mom and dad were holding hands, I know, dad was keeping his cool, but he's not inside.

"We can do the surgery now then chemotherapy, however that will kill the baby."

I automatically hold into my stomach, protecting the little life Connor and I made. "No. I will deliver the baby." I said, because that is the sure thing I will do.

I do not know if I can live after giving birth to my baby, but then I'll make sure he'll live.

"No. We'll do the surgery." Connor said, looking intently at me.

"We can wait for six months" the doctor said,

"Valerie's case, to be honest, needs a miracle. With her in front of us, I might say, she'll want to live after six months, because she has a baby to look forward into, she'll do her best to continue living, for her to see how her baby will grow. The baby will help her." The doctor added.

I hold on my still little tummy, of course, I want to live for my little baby. "I want the first option..." I said,

"Valerie don't be stubborn!" Dad shouted. "Can't you understand?! You will die if you will not do the surgery now! I will not let you die! Get that thing out of her and do the surgery now!" Dad's face was red, mom hold him back and my tears started to flow.

I looked at Connor's eyes and I know he wanted the baby out too, but then, it wasn't what his lips uttered. "We're going to keep the baby." He said.

"You! You are the reason why we're having a hard time convincing her to remove that baby!" Dad shouted.

"Dad!" I cried.

"If this is the only thing that will make Valerie want to live again, I will take the risk." Connor said, hugging me, as if he was protecting me.

"I'll do everything for her to continue living, and if you don't want that, you may leave my house, Valerie and I will be staying here until she gets better."

Connor assisted me towards our room. He's been silent, I know he was on the same page with dad, however I know he can feel my plan of leaving them after giving birth to my little one.

He settled me to bed, he arranged the comforter, he sleep beside me.

---

I watched Valerie asleep, she's still the beautiful girl that I have fallen inlove since we were kids.

I know she wanted to leave. I know she's been having a hard time. I wanted her to do the surgery, however I know she's already attached to that life inside her, and I will use that for her to continue living.

I walked out the room to talk to Uncle Vince and Aunt Monique. The last thing I wanted was them to leave. Valerie needs them, I know it made her feel better when she saw them.

I found them at the study room, I knocked before opening the door, and I was welcomed by Uncle Vince's blazing eyes. Aunt Monique held her, stopping him from throwing punches at me.

"Sit down Connor" Aunt said, giving me a small smile.

I sat in front of them, Aunt was holding Uncle's hand, and I can imagine Valerie and I when we're that old.

"You're fully aware how she is, aren't you?" She softly asked. I nodded at her, it makes my heart ache, but I will never stop hoping, as long as she lives, there is hope.

"She wants to keep the baby..." She trailed.

"I don't want to sound rude, if things are different, I will be happy knowing that Valerie's carrying my baby..."

"And you're making the baby a bastard! You aren't even married! And that baby will kill my baby girl!"

"Vincent..." Aunt warned.

"I want the baby out too, but she loves the baby, it's a guarantee that she'll try to live, maybe not for you, or for me, for the baby at least..."

"The doctor from the clinic said she did not want us to be sad for leaving too soon..."

"She wants us to continue our lives, that's why she left, she escaped, she readied herself dying alone.... S-she thinks it's the better way..."

I saw how Uncle Vince's shoulder fell, then he sat back.

"Eighty percent chance that she'll die, if she doesn't want the tumor out, she'll surely die." He frustratedly said.

"I found her letters, she prepared it for all of us, when she's gone... I cannot let my baby go..." He cried, as Aunt hugged her.