Chapter 31

Follow me on instagram: @misscamillae

Chapter 31

"Connor!" I shouted and Connor run towards me, he just went out to get me a water.

"What baby? Are you hurting?" He worriedly asked.

I shook my head and hold his hand, and placed in on the side of my belly where I felt my little guy moved.

His eyes widened, but his expression was neutral. My little one kicked harder this time and I know he felt it on his hand.

"I-is that...him?" He carefully asked. I smiled and nodded at him.

My little champ kicked again and Connor's face is not showing any emotion, he's just...feeling the baby.

"I'll be a good soccer player daddy" I murmured, then the little one kicked again. I laughed when I felt him and Connor's face softened.

"Kiss me daddy." I said, wanting my little one to feel his love for him.

Connor was hesitant, he looked at me straight to the eyes.

I nodded at him, encouraging him. He held my belly and looked at it, then kissed it. "I love you daddy." I said.

For the remaining days of my life, my last goal will be for my little man to be loved by his daddy. I've been feeling weak, I do not know how long, how long can I still hold the pain, but I'll keep fighting for him.

"I'll be back baby." He said before walking away.

The doctors walked into my room, with mom and dad, they were happy to know how the baby is going, he's a very strong little man.

"In three weeks time we have to pull him out..."

"I can do it until the ninth..." I said.

"That's all you've got Valerie." Dad authoritatively said. "We've given you enough time, now give this to us."

I sighed and looked away, if I am to decide I'll finish the nine months, "What's the plan?" I asked.

"Stem cell therapy. Mr. Spencer will be the donor. It's safe for him. It's still young, we do not know if it'll be successful, but the chance here is 50:50 now. There's a great chance you'll live..."

"However, we have to be honest, there's a chance you will not, or you'll be comatose for, we do not know, depending on you, depending if your body and mind can take it."

"If there's a chance that the risks of failing will be lessened do it, whatever costs, I don't care. Just do it." Daddy said.

The doctors nodded and walked out. The four of us were left inside, "Maybe it's time for us to talk about what will happen if I leave." I said, breaking the silence.

Mommy walked to my side and hugged me, "We are doing everything for you to live baby. Don't think negatively." She softly said. "What will you feel if I was not at your side while you're growing up?" She asked, growing up without mommy? I can never imagine that.

"That's why you have to fight honey, for your baby..." She warmly smiled at me, "A mother's love is different..."

I nodded at mom and hugged her... "But still mom, if, if that day comes, guide Connor." I said, looking at him.

"He might hate the world, or our little one." I said.

"In the future, he might find another woman, let him. Dad, please let him." I said, looking at dad.