Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Early morning, my stomach was upset. I was feeling dizzy, and grabbed the basin beside my bed. I vomit on it, held my hair on one side and grabbed the water.

I breathed fast, like I just finished a marathon before I stand to clean myself up.

Seems like my mornings never gets better. I cleaned up the house before sitting by the porch to watch another day goes by.

Most of the times I write letters for them, today I wrote one for Paris, telling her I never meant what I said. That I like Scott for her. I told her I'm sorry. That I never meant telling her I did not want her as my best friend.

I told her I was sorry because I cannot be the godmother of her kids someday.

Today, I wore a white dress and decided to walk by the shore, days had been passing by easily. Most of the days I will clean up the house then write letters, then it will be sunset.

Sunset makes me sad, because it meant another "X" mark on my calendar.

I paid for a woman to disguise as I. I instructed her to travel for six months in different places, make sure she'll not be caught that I am not her.

We exchanged passports that's why if dad tries tracking on me he'll not succeed.

I walked by the shore bare foot. Enjoying the texture of the sand under my feet, but I stopped midway, seeing an unexpected person in this country, worst in this province I tried hiding on.

His eyes blazed as he approached me, evident on his face that he was shocked to see me, especially now that I am getting thin.

I walked away, because running can make me so weak, but even before I can he harshly grabbed my arm. "What did you told Paris huh Valerie? You told her you like me? What kind of game is this?!" He snarled at me.

I was starting to feel dizzy, but I tried moving away from him. "Do you know everyone's looking for you?
And how lucky am I to see you in a strange country!" I tried moving away from him, but then I feel like falling out, and the next thing I saw was all black.

-----

"No. Remove that fetus and the tumor! I don't care about the fetus, she needs to live. You hear me? She needs to live!"

"Shh. Calm down Connor." I think I'm still dreaming. I can hear Connor's voice and Scott's

"No. We have to move her back to Europe. She needs to be treated!" His voice was lower now.

I move my hand as my eyes squint because of the light. I slowly opened my eyes and I heard footsteps toward me.

"Baby," he softly mutter. I blinked fast to see if I was really hearing Connor. I was surprised to see him, here.

"How are you feeling? Are you hurt?" He worriedly asked.

He held my hand and kissed it, "I'll call the doctor... Just give me a second baby, I'll call the doctor..."

A lot of questions are running on my mind now, but above all I feel so happy to see him again.

I know right at this moment he must be aware of what's going on with me, and I'm hoping after this day, he will leave.

I had no power to push him away, to hire guards to bring him out of my room, this time I'm just going to talk to him and tell him he needs to start moving forward.

The doctor came in, she has a smile on her face, I know she's happy to see someone here with me.

Maybe now she know's who am I. If Connor was around, it means his bodyguards are here too, and I think the media is also around.

I saw Scott, he nodded at me before closing the door. Connor sat beside me, holding my hand while his other hand was over my shoulder.

"So, I guess I should call you Miss Spencer?" She said, smiling at me. Even before she knew who am I she has been nothing but good to me.

"You fainted awhile ago, good thing your good friend was there to catch you. He brought you here and told us what happened, he was thinking maybe you are pregnant..."

I smiled at her, I know I'm not, that it was because of the cancer, I was waiting for her to drop the bomb in front of Connor, she needed to tell him because I don't think I can.

"You're stomach is still too small, it's not obvious that you are nine weeks pregnant..."

My jaw dropped in surprise, "P-pregnant?" I asked, I questioningly looked at Connor beside me.

"We were too busy observing the tumor on your brain, we missed the symptoms, it was almost the same..."

My tears fell and I did not understand the next things she said. Pregnant, I am pregnant.

Connor hugged me tighter and brushed out my tears, he kissed my hair and hugged me tight. "I want her cured doc." He said.

"At this early stage chemotherapy will be bad for the baby..."

"I don't care about the baby! I want her alive!" He snarled.

I looked up at Connor, his eyes were red. "You will live right Valerie? You're not going to leave me right? Tell me baby."

"We're going to bring here the best doctors, we'll schedule the operation in two days, we'll have the chemotherapy here, I will be beside you all the time..." I put on a finger on his lips, and nodded at the doctor before she walked out.

I held Connor's face and smiled at him, "Connor, I'm dying. I'm dying soon."

"Don't you ever say that! You will leave!"

"Don't you think this is a blessing? We'll be having a baby, you will still have a memory of me." Connor cried and hugged me tight.

Connor cried like a baby, and I did too. This is why I never wanted them to know, they'll be hurt, and I cannot do anything about it.

He let me stay in the hospital that day, he said he's going to make arrangements, he said he was not giving up on me.

He feed me with food, he was all smiling, and happy, we shared a bed together,

With him hugging me tight, while I was listening to his heartbeat.