Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I survived for two weeks without seeing Connor around.

Belle was kicked out of school, not because of me, but because of the video. I pitied her when none of her parents came to fight for her. While my dad was willing to lose tons of money, just to save me.

After the incident, I never tried to talk to Connor. I did not want our relationship to ruin my parent's relationship.

Mom was serious about getting a divorce and dad was upset about it.

He let me study, he allowed me to be with Connor. Simply because he's afraid of losing mom.

Connor was knocking on my room everyday for the first 3 days, then I decided to stay home so he could not bother me.

I transferred all of our subjects together in another class. Most of my break times I eat in the car, or somewhere far from Harvard and I hurry out of the campus once my classes are done.

But then today had been different story.

I started walking away when I saw him inside the library. Thankful I was done with my research, "Valerie! Valerie." I was almost running away from him but he was fast.

"Valerie, sweetie, please." He held my arm and turn me to look at him. I looked at him, his hair was disheveled, the circles under his eyes are dark like he wasn't sleeping at night, he even lose weight.

"Why are you avoiding me? Why are you moving away?"

He was making things hard.

I decided to get back to Europe after the semester. I need to stay away from him. This is better than goodbyes.

"Valerie please."

"Connor, someone might see us." I hissed.

"Hell I care if they do!" He angrily hissed back.

I sighed. We just needed to do this for our goodbyes.

I told him we talk inside my dormitory room, to be safe of all intrigues, I did not want to disappoint daddy again.

The last time we talked I told dad that everything's over, that he shall not worry about it.

And even though it was heavy on my heart, I told him I was leaving Harvard after this semester.

The moment we entered my room, Connor did not let a second pass. He held my face, descended his face on mine as we share a one long, loving kiss.

My knees weaken, and I put a hand over his neck, not thinking if this is even right.

He did not let go, he was kissing me like his life depended on it.

Our tongues battled, our eyes close, our hearts singing in rhythm.

We stopped when we were both breathless, gathering my strength I moved away from him. "Valerie." He murmured.

"Please Connor. This isn't right."

"And when did it became wrong? We are together."

I looked up at him, words do not want to come out of my mouth, "No." He said in disbelief.

"We are not breaking up!"

I sat on the edge of the bed, moving far away from him.

Stop making this hard Connor.