Part 4

Hey peeps! This chappie took forever to write but i kept at it just for you and i had to do it all without Wi-Fi! Was so depressed about that!!!

Please vote and comment!!!

Bex

x-x-x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 4-

"You attacked him?" Jenny shouted.

"Sssshhhhh! He might hear you!" Wewere sat on the double bed in my room having one of our regular girly chats. Obviously the first thing she asked me about was Marcus. Sat there i couldn't remember quite how i'd gotten out of that awkward situation in the kitchen. I guessed that it must have been something to do with Jenny. I really should thank her but i didn't want to relive that scene in the kitchen. It was so embarassing! I think that we'd managed to convince Dylan and Marcus to watch TV in the living room downstairs and try to come up with a party alternative but i couldn't be totally sure.

"You actually attacked him?" Jenny asked slightly quieter. i picked up one of the pillows from off the bed and buried my head in it whilst nodding and grumbling unhappily. "That's genius!" i peeked at Jenny, confusion filling my features. "He's gonna be crazy about you! I mean, come on! It's not many girls who can take on a guy as FIT as that. And i don't think any girls could take on TWO guys as FIT as that! I admire you, Cryssie!" Jenny sounded so excited.

I arched an eyebrow at her...or at least i tried, i'm pretty sure that i ended up pulling a funny face, i've never been able to arch just one eyebrow. "Did you just call my brother fit?" Jenny looked down suddenly acting quiet and small which was a massive contrast to her massive personality. "Jenny, can i ask you serious question?"

"You can ask..." Jenny murmured. "Whether i answer or not is another question entirely."

I smiled to myself. i knew she was going to avoid answering this question. "Jenny, do you like my brother? and by 'like' i mean 'have fantasies about'. And by 'fantasies' i mean 'dream of running away with'." There was a long pause whilst Jenny worked out what exactly i had asked of her, then she stared at me with a thoughtful expression before nodding gently.

"Yeah, i do." She whispered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I demanded.

"Cos it's your brother!" She jumped up and started pacing across the floor at the foot of my bed. "It's weird! I shouldn't like your brother! He should be like a brother to me too, right?! That's the cliche! It's weird, isn't it?!" She looked for my agreement.

"Weeeelllllllllll...i'll get used to it and he hasn't had a nice girlfriend that i like in...actually, he's never had a nice girlfriend that i like. You'd be a nice change." I smiled at her.

"Do you really think he'd...you know...like me?" Jenny looked, for the first time, vulnerable. I wanted to tell her definitely but i didn't want to tell her something that i wasn't sure of.

"I don't know." I admitted. "But it's worth a shot. As far as i know, he's single at the moment."

"That's settled. Tomorrow i am going to make myself look twice as good as i do now and i'm going to flirt like hell." I nodded along with her determined attitude. That was more like the Jenny i knew. "And you are going to do the same...with Marcus."

"I really don't think that's a good idea."

"You're right. It's not a good idea. It's a brilliant idea!" Jenny's back, I thought to myself. An excited look filled Jenny's features. I knew that look! It was her 'I've got a plan' look. "I think it's time!"

"Time for what?" I didn't like the look in Jenny's eyes, or the tone in her voice and i was scared to ask that question.

"MAKEOVER!!!" OH DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It turned out that Jenny had noticed my gorgeously bruised nose. She gently removed all of my cover-up, then she gave me a sympathetic look before starting her work.

It seemed like forever before Jenny had finished but really it had only been just over an hour (I know that seems like a long time but it takes two hours for Jenny to get ready and that's just for a normal day at school).

Jenny had managed to completely disguise the bruises on my nose. She'd made my eyes pop with smoky style eye shadow. Jenny had tried it in black and white but apparently that was too dark and dramatic for a natural daytime look. She'd also tried warm browns but apparently that made me look tired, So she settled on silvery grey, according to Jenny it made my eyes pop. All of this went straight over my head.

I'd convinced her not to give me too much eyeliner for two reasons. One, I'd probably smudge it. Two, i didn't like things going near my eyes. Even now, i'd scream when i needed eye drops, and i was sixteen.

Jenny applied a natural layer of mascara as opposed to her normal over the top amount, three layers of mascara was too much for me, apparently i couldn't pull it off like she could.

She then applied a generous amount of slightly sparkly natural coloured lip gloss that made my lips shine.

"Now your hair." Jenny announced.

"What's wrong with my hair?" I demanded.

"Your natural tousled look is gorgeous. I am seriously jealous of your hair. I don't understand how you can grow your hair that long and have layers in it, yet it's still really thick..." She was blabbering now. Ever since we'd met, Jenny had made it obvious that she loved my hair. I, personally, was jealous of her hair. It was a gorgorgeous silvery blonde that hung in beautiful neat ringlets. The colour complimented her sparkling blue eyes perfectly and the curls gave her a young angelic look. Jenny hated the fact that her hair made her look younger than her years so, for her fifteenth birthday, she got her hair cut to chin-length and bought some GHD's. Ever since then she's worn her hair short and straight but she desperatly misses her long curls.

"Jenny!" I snapped her out of her babbling daydream.

"Sorry." She smiled sheepishly into the mirror at me. "Anyway, i'm going to put your hair into a messy bun above your...left shoulder." She paused to decide which side to do my hair.

From the hair and make-up bag that Jenny kept with her at all times, she took out a load of bobby pins, a hair band and a hair doughnut then pulled my hair into a bun. That she started pulling strands out.

"What are you doing?" I questioned. She'd just put my hair in to a beautiful, neat bun and now she was messing it up?

"Trust me, it'll make you look...mysterious and dangerous." Jenny tried to make her voice husky but ended up almost choking.

Once Jenny had finished choking and finished styling my hair, she sprayed it with a small amount of natural hold hair spray. "Done!" She announced with pure joy.

I stared back at  myself. To my eyes, it was obvious that i was wearing make-up but it looked natural and i really liked it. I guess it was time to show Marcus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

Comment and vote!!!