Part 12

So, i bet you weren't expecting the end of the last chapter! (If you were then you must be psychic cos even i didn't know it was gonna happen until i was writing it lol) Don't forget to comment and vote and let me know what you think!

Please comment, vote and enjoy!!!!

-xeBex-

x-x-x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 12-

"We didn't sleep together!" Mum and dad gave me an odd look. "Okay so we slept together but we didn't sleep together."

"Is there a difference?" I'd never heard mum use that disappointed and furious tone with me before, she normally kept that tone for Dylan when he'd done something bad...or normally when he'd done someone, if you get what i mean ; ).

"Yes, mum, there is. A big difference. Do you need me to explain it bit by bit?" Mum's look would have turned any normal person to stone but i'd gotten a little tougher, a little braver and a lot more grown up.

Dad was leant against the side in front of the sink, staring out at the back garden. I thought he'd given up. When they'd found Marcus in my bed, they'd woken him up, told him to have a shower, sober up and get out. Then they'd practically dragged me downstairs to the kitchen. Mum had then given me 'The Talk', throughout which i stood, cringing and just desperately waiting to go and have a shower and change into something comfortable. I really regretted letting Jenny dress me now...JENNY! I couldn't believe that i'd forgotten about her. I was such a bad friend. I stared down at the floor whilst mum carried on with her lecture, trying to think of a way out of this. That's when i noticed it. Marcus' shirt. I could not let my parents see it but how to get rid of it was a big puzzler.

I started to realise what mum was saying and i made my point about sleeping together. There was a really long silence after that. Obviously my mum didn't want me to explain what had happened bit by bit but there was a hint of curiosity in her eyes. So i explained getting drunk with Marcus after the police had gone and then going to my room and passing out. The truth was that i couldn't remember what had happened after Marcus had sent me off on the alcohol hunt in the front room. Mum seemed to believe me though, she could see that i was seriously hungover. Dad turned around then and faced me for the first time since he'd found Marcus in my room.

"Where's Dylan?" I shrugged in response. "Crystal, i haven't got time for games, where is he?"

"The police were taking him to the station the last i heard."

"I called them asking but they said they let him go this morning." I tried to think.

"They took Jenny to the hospital. He seemed quite worried about her. Maybe he went there." I suggested. I was actually kind of hoping that that's where he was, Jenny really needed someone with her, and she'd probably been on her own for ages. I really was a bad friend!

"I'll call the hospital." Dad said then he left to go into the living room.

Mum stared at me for a while, a small smile playing on her lips.

"What?"

"Dylan and Jenny? I didn't see that coming." Mum still had that smile.

"Yeah, neither did i until yesterday." That seemed so far away...and that seemed to sound like a Beatles song.

"Well, good for them." Mum nodded thoughtfully. I nodded back cautiously. She now had a strange look of concern on her face. "What about you?"

"What about me?" I questioned back.