Part 19

Hey hey peeps! Thanks for all the reads! IAMBHBF is currently #169 Teen Fiction and #212 Humor! So happy. I hope you liked the last part!

Remember to comment and vote!

-xeBex-

x-x-x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 19-

I was laying on a matress of candyfloss with a sheep for a pillow. Alex Pettyfer, one of my celebrity crushes, was sat on my left feeding me peanut M&M's. Taylor Lautner, my other celebrity crush, was sat on my right, holding my hand and brushing kisses against my knuckles. I was extremely pleased with my subconscious for creating such an awesome and vivid dream. I was quite happy until my sheep pillow started buzzing.

Buzzing? That can't be right. I groaned out loud. My phone was under my pillow. It couldn't be morning yet. I was so tired. I pulled my phone out from beneath my sheep...pillow and was forced to say 'Goodbye' to Taylor and Alex. I stared at my phone screen. It was six forty so i couldn't complain at whoever was calling me cos it was only five minutes before i needed to get up. Then i actually focussed my eyes on who was calling me. I pressed the green button.

"You do know that i was asleep right?" I asked as i rubbed my eyes.

"Well it was a fifty/fifty chance." I could hear the smile in Marcus' voice. "How are you? You sound tired."

"Hhmm, i wonder why that could be. It's almost like someone kept me up until 2am texting."

"Who exactly was that then?"

"Very funny." I muttered. "Was there a reason you called?" I tried to make it sound frustrated but i wasn't annoyed with him at all.

"You told me to let you know when i'd made a plan for our first date." A huge smile crept onto my face. When we'd been texting the night before, neither of us could figure out what would be a cool first date. We'd both had our own dislikes with different ideas. Cinema = Sitting next to each other in silence. Dinner = Lots of people, fair amount of noise. Going to someone elses party = Loads of drunks throwing up all over the house and all over you. Anywhere public that he knew = A chance of Dylan finding out. Anywhere that i knew = Oh, please, as if i knew any places!

"So, you've planned everything without checking with me first?" I pretended to be annoyed but i was really excited that he'd arranged everything.

"I thought you wouldn't mind."

"I don't...I was just trying to annoy you." Marcus laughed on the other end of the line. "So, what are we doing?" I prompted.

"I'm picking you up at six and the rest is a surprise." I groaned loudly. "What's the matter?"

"Well...it's just...it's just that surprises are great when they are good. I just find that surprises are way more exciting until they happen."

"I don't have a clue what you mean." Marcus admitted but i knew he was silently laughing at me.

I shifted in bed, shifting my pillows so that i could sit up a bit. "Well, it's kind of like Christmas. The exciting part is the build-up."

"I know a few things that we could do where the build up is exactly that...just the build-up." I rolled my eyes at the innuendo.

"Shut up." I didn't mean it though.

"I know you like it." Marcus replied playfully.

"Yes, but that's beside the point." I admitted without thinking.

There was a moment of silence when i didn't know how to recover from that. Then Marcus offered me an escape. "You were saying about exciting build-ups." He was mocking me but i ignored it.

"Yes, Think about it though. Christmas is nowhere near as exciting once you've opened all your presents."

"And what exactly does that have to do with my surprise for you?" Marcus asked after a while.

"I find that surprises always end up to be quite a let down." There was another silence and i feared that i may have upset him.

"You think i'd let you down?" I refused to answer that. "I'm not telling you what we're doing otherwise it will ruin it and you'll have nothing to look forward to. Trust me?"

"I guess."

"You guess? That's not quite the answer i was looking for." He snorted.

"Why, sir, we've only just met!" I mimicked an old time American accent and Marcus laughed loudly on the other end.

Once he'd calmed down his laughter he asked. "When can i see you?"

I was taken back at first. "Saturday, for our first date."

"Before then." He tried to cut me off before i'd even finished saying Saturday. "I need to see you before then." My heartbeat increased by several beats per minute.

"I can't go out on a school night." I confessed.

"Before school then?" His voice was so hopeful.

I thought for a moment then looked at the clock on the bedside table. "Seeing as, because of you, i am now going to be late for school, you can come and give me a lift."

"Deal! I'll be there in ten." He hung up before i had time to say anything else. I took the opportunity to lunge out of bed and scramble for my stuff.

Running a brush through my hair, dressing, applying concealer, foundation and mascara, grabbing my bag and shoes i legged it downstairs and was ready in the hallway in five minutes. I tapped a quick text to Jenny and Will telling them that i'd overslept and not to bother meeting me. Jenny replied shortly after that she was literally just about to text and say that her and Will were getting a lift because her parents didn't trust her to make her way to school on crutches and not hurt herself further. She asked if i wanted a lift because they were gonna leave slightly later anyway.

Sorry but i've got a better offer ;) xxx

I received two texts at once.

One from Jenny.

WTF?! Who is better than me?! xxx

And one from Marcus.

I'm outside x

I texted a reply to Jenny, trying to take my time so as not to seem to eager for Marcus.

Love you babes but a certain guy is better than you xxx

Good luck ;) xxx

I slid my phone into my bag, ruffled my hair and opened the door. Mum and dad's cars were both missing from the driveway. Instead, positioned across both of their spaces, was Marcus neat black car. He leant against the bonnet, totally at ease. He saw me approach, pushed himself away from the car and held my face in his hands. He stared into my eyes for just a moment before he kissed me. I don't know how long it lasted but it wasn't long enough. When he did pull back, he rested his forehead against mine.

"Morning." He whispered contentedly.

"Morning." I whispered back.

"We'd better go." I leaned my body into him and pushed my lips against his, forcing him to kiss me back. We stayed like that for a while. I wrapped my arms aroung his neck trying to bring him closer to me. He accepted it for a while but then he placed his hands on my shoulders and put half a metre of space between us. "You're going to be late."

"Don't care." I told him. Hooking my fingers into the belt loops of his jeans, like i had done the night before last, and drawing him closer. He tried to fight me at first but then he caved and gave me one final, deep kiss. It was the longest and definitely the best. I hated it when he pulled away...again.

"Get in the car." He told me.

I did it as sulkily as i could manage, trying to make him feel bad. He just laughed at me and told me to grow up. I told him i already had.