Part 21

So, Chapter 21, sorry it's been a while but i had coursework to had in. Counting down to the end of my first year of college, i have about a month left until my last exam! Can't wait!

I had a serious case of writer's block with this chappie so although i'm uploading it now, i may edit and upload it again in a couple weeks. Let me know what you think, your opinions will really help me keep going with this XD

Anyway, I hope you liked the last chapter :) So happy about all of the reads!

Remember to comment and vote!

-xeBex-

x-x-x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 21-

"I'm like Artie!"

"Excuse me?" I asked distractedly. Jenny was leant against her crutches and the wall in the corner whilst i tried to think of a way to move from one dance move to the next.

"You know? Artie? Glee?" She tried to jog my memory.

"The guy in the wheelchair?"

"Yeah!"

"How exactly?" I gave up choreographing and turned my attention to Jenny.

"You know, can't dance properly because of their injury."

"Riiiiight." I dragged it out laughing. We were in the dance studio and it was about five minutes before rehearsal. I tapped the toe of my dance shoe on the floor, they were a pair of those black trainer like shoes that had the arch missing, it meant that they were extremely flexible yet gave really good support for any kind of dance.

"Look, i am the sickest dancer there is."

I scoffed. "Sickest?" She ignored me.

"And yet i am trapped by these sticks of evil."

"Sticks of evil?"

"I mean, your dance moves suck and i personally want to beat you with these sticks of evil until you can no longer walk let alone dance." I stared at her in disbelief.

"In case you hadn't noticed, i'm only doing this because you were stupid enough to hurt yourself so badly that you can't. We need a new dance routine and you aren't going to be creating one so it's down to me."

"Can you at least make it a little less camp?" Jenny and i both whirled to look at the door. Miss Sharp was stood there smiling.

"See, someone agrees with me." Jenny gave me a smug smile.

The bell rang for the start of lunch and the sound of people chatting and laughing as they left lessons flooded into the studio.

"I'll be back in a minute. Get everyone to start a warm-up." Miss Sharp told me. When she turned and left the room i stuck my middle finger up at her and turned back to the mirror in an attempt to finish choreographing the steps.

People started to come into the room behind me but i ignored them. I was in a half daydream, half of me trying to be creative, the other half was imagining different ways that tonight could plan out. One way was that it could be completely and utterly amazing and perfect in every way but the other was that i could make a complete fool of myself. My bet was on the second option.

"Woah!" Strong arms wound round my waist before i toppled over towards the floor from the dizzy spell i'd plunged myself into. "You've really gotta be more careful." Liam told me, trying to hold back a laugh. I pulled away from him. I felt weird near him. I didn't know why. I supposed it was because Jenny had told me that Liam had feelings for me. It obviously wasn't true. It couldn't be true.

"Or less stupid." I muttered.

Liam smiled at me and walked over to the wall to shove his stuff down on the floor.

"I told you." Jenny sang. I ignored her and tried to carry one with the rest of my day without thinking about the way that my love life was such a failure...that only made me think about it more.

***

When i climbed into Marcus' car and he asked me how my day was i just mumbled a vague reply, trying to act natural even though me mumbling around him isn't normal. I've realised that everytime i see him, i struggle to breath and when i speak, i speak to loud.

"What's the matter?" Marcus asked, instantly noticing my discomfort.

"Nothing. Just realised something today, that's all." That wasn't an answer and i expected Marcus to push for a proper one but instead he nodded, leaving the silence and put the car into gear as he pulled away from the curb and started to drive in the opposite direction to my house. "Where are we going?" I asked quietly.

"Out." He told me with a sly smile.

"We already are out." I informed him, my voice still quiet but there was a small sense of excitement in my tone.

"Out as in out on a date." He informed me.

"But our first date isn't till Saturday."

"Who said that it had to be our first?" He asked, holding his hand out, palm up, on my thigh. I slipped my hand into his and tried to let myself relax as Marcus traced his thumb in circles on the back of my hand.

"Are you gonna tell me where we're going or not?" I asked, staring out the window as we drove further away from school and home.

"Not." Marcus teased, squeezing my hand gently.

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" Marcus didn't answer and i knew it meant 'yes'.

"Close your eyes." Marcus eventually whispered. I did as he said for reasons that i couldn't quite explain.

I could feel the car turning slightly and pulling to a slow stop. The engine shut off and Marcus' breathe was on my ear. "Open your eyes." I slowly opened them, very aware of how close Marcus was to me.

I could see the sun in the distance beyond the ocean and the sand and the car park that we were parked in. "I'm not really dressed for the beach." I said softly, looking down at my school uniform, hiding the huge smile on my lips.

"It's a good job i'm prepared then." Marcus said back, lifting my chin so that he could plant a tender kiss on my lips. Then he climbed quickly out of the car and went round to the boot of the car. I got out and shut the door, still staring at the glistening ocean in disbelief. "The best surprise, is when you don't even know there's a surprise." Marcus came up behind me, folded me into his arms and rested his chin on top of my head.

"This is the first date surprise?" I asked in disbelief.

"Did i do well?" I started to nod before he finished his sentence. I turned in his arms and kissed him.

"Very well." I told him. He lifted his hand, in it was my canvas beach bag. "Though don't you think it's a bit cold for the beach? It's still winter." I criticise playfully

"Well, if that's how you feel, i could just take you home." Marcus played along. I pressed my lips against his to transmit the message that i definitely did not want to go home. "Don't worry." Marcus said when i let him pull away. "We aren't going swimming." I tilted my head to one side and stared at him questioningly. "Look in the bag." Marcus told me, going round to the back of the car once again.

I peeked inside. There lay my favourite pair of blue skinny jeans, one of my fitted slogan t-shirts (i prayed it wasn't something embarassing...like my Keep Calm And Potter On one. It's awesome but not the kind of thing you want guys to see), a pink zip-up hoodie and a pair of converses. "You went in my room?" I questioned.

He came back to join me with a picnic basket in his hand. "No, i asked your mum if she could grab you some stuff." That was even more embarassing than the idea of Marcus in my room, i dread to think what she found. "We're just gonna go for a small walk on the beach so that i can show you one of my favourite places." He held his hand out to me, the universal invitation for hold on and don't let go. I took his hand, squeezed it and watched with intrigue as he brought our hands to his lips and kiss the back of mine, just below the knuckles. I shuddered under his touch and let him led me down to the point where the land meets the sea.