Part 6

Hey!!!! I know it's been a while but i just started college and i'm still trying to get used to the longer lessons and longer days and trying to change my body clock but the buttons don't seem to be working!

Anywho! Here's another chappie.

Please comment and vote!

Thanks for all the reads!

-xeBex-

x-x-x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 6-

"Your party plans are over. Just accept it." Dylan didn't respond immediately. He remained thoughtful. Marcus and i just waited for hisclever reply.

"I've got an idea." I never liked Dylan's ideas, they always got me into trouble. "You call mum and dad and convincethem to stay another night then you take your ass over to Jenny's and stay away until i call you to come and clean up."

"What do i get out of this?" I demanded.

Dylan started to think. You could tell when Dylan wasthinking because he pulled a face that showed effort and the only time Dylan showed effort was when he was thinking. Everything else was just easy to him apparently. Thinking, for Dylan, was a rare and momentous occassion. I moved over to stand at the breakfast bar next to Marcus. I glanced at him a few times but i wasn't overly bothered about how close we were, i was comfortable near him. Normally i was a jittery mess when i was this close to guys. Marcus and i remained next to each other and watched Dylan in expectant silence.

After a long while, Marcus whispered softly to me, though he kept his gaze firmly locked on Dylan. "What do you think is going on in there?"

I didn't need to think much about that. "Not a lot...That's why it's taking so long for him to reply." Marcus chuckled. "We need to record this in the history books! Quick! Before he stops!" Marcus laughed out loud at that...it wasn't that funny, was it? Anybody who knew Dylan knew he wasn't clever and i couldn't help but wonder just how, exactly, Dylan and Marcus knew each other.

"Okay." That one resolute word stopped mine and Marcus' laughter. I wished Dylan had kept thinking for just a little longer because Marcus had turned to look at me by then and was laughing whilst locking his gaze with mine. I'd gone all happy and giddy but Dylan just had to go and ruin it by pulling me back to reality. "I'll clean your room for two weeks." Dylan offered. I just stared at him expectantly. "I'll do your washing for a month." I kept my mouth shut tight. "TV privilidges for a month." I stared around the kitchen as if uninterested. "You can force me to watch Finding Nemo as much as you want in the next week...I'll do your share of the washing-up for two weeks...I'll be your personal taxi for three weeks...I'll buy you all the books you want...all the CD's...I'll introduce you to all of my friends...the guys." I knew exactly what he was hinting at there. "...You can come to my party tonight...Jenny can come along too...I'll give you fifty quid." Dylan offered, exasperated.

"Deal." I held my right hand out over the breakfast bar and Dylan shook it, smiling and pleased. "So, do you think that you could start my washing now please, so that i have something to wear at your party tonight? And, actually, whilst you're doing that you might as well just clean my room as most of the mess is my clothes. There's a lot o washing-up building there..." I pointed at the pile of dirty plates, glasses and cutlery on the kitchen side behind him. "You can do that now too. You can drive me to Jenny's so that we can get ready for the party. Actually, you can introduce us to all your friends at the party." I winked, hinting. "You can give me that fifty quid now so i can get some stuff for the party tonight and you can pay up on the other stuff later." I smiled smugly and had to stop myself from laughing out loud.

"What?!" Dylan was outraged. "We dealt on fifty!"

"You never took any of the other stuff off the table. Can you get a move on, please? I need to get to Jenny's and get ready quickly." I turned and left the room. I waited in the hallway by the front door but withing hearing range.

"What just happened?" Dylan was shocked, dazed and confused.

Marcus' voice was amused and i could hear the smile in it, i thought of that beautiful smile and my heart sipped a beat...twice, when he said, "I think you just got played."