Part 5

Hello again! I wrote this part whilst on my holiday too and thought i'd treat everyone by posting again!

Comment and vote!!!!

Thanks!!!

Bex

x-x-x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Chapter 5 -

I saw Jenny out and all that i could think of was her last words to me. "You go show that gorgeous Adonis what he's missing! And prove to him that you're not just a geek who doesn't care about the way she looks!" Was i really that much of a nerd? Was that really all anybody saw when they looked at me? Was i happy with that? Thinking on it, i didn't think that i was. It wasn't just my look that was going to change, it was going to be my attitude too. I had to make some drastic changes.

"Dylan!" I yelled out to try and find him and Marcus.

"WHAT?!" I heard Dylan's exasperated voice coming from the kitchen. I should've known that Dylan would have gotten hungry after a short while. That's the strange thing about strong guys, they ate tons, they had to to keep those epic muscles. It did mean that when you pigged out around them you never felt guilty! It was great!

I checked my reflection in the mirror in the hallway by the front door. Jenny had dictated what i was to wear as well as my behaviour.

Apparently, my black t-shirt with 'SEXY' written on it in hot pink was great but it didn't really 'pop' with black leggings and slippers. Jenny had then gone on to force me into a pair of hot pink skinny jeans that i'd bought for a fancy dress party a few months earlier and a pair of black court shoes that made me even taller than my 5'9". Seeing as my top hung off of one shoulder, Jenny told me that a plain black bra wouldn't look right so she told me to wear a hot pink one that would make the strap stand out and draw attention to my shoulder. (Don't ask where i got the hot pink bra from, it's another long and embarassing story that we can save for another time...seriously, don't ask...stop pestering...FINE! Mum had given it to me for my sixteenth birthday party earlier that year. She said it was her luckily bra, everytime she'd worn it to a date she'd always ended up...EURGH! Please don't make me go there! I think you get the idea!!! She wanted me to have the same luck...if i remembered rightly she'd finished telling me all that and i'd run, screaming, up to my room and locked the door. I then hadn't spoken to her for another week! Eurgh!) I hadn't really understood any of Jenny's advice and i'd told her that. Jenny just said "Trust me!". I'd always trusted her, i just wasn't so sure at that moment.

I ventured to the kitchen slowly. I didn't like the loud clacking sound of my heels against the floor.

As soon as i entered the kitchen, Dylan and Marcus stopped their conversation. It was obvios that i wasn't going to be involved. They were in the same places that they had been in this morning, Marcus at the breakfast table and Dylan by the fridge. Dylan was halfway through asking "What do you want, Nerd?" When he looked at me and stopped. Confusion filled his features, then he looked over at Marcus, who was writing something in an A4 notepad, and understanding crossed his face before he looked back at me and glared.

"What's the matter, Dyaln?" I asked innocently.

"You're pathetic." He muttered.

"Can you give me a lift to Jenny's please?" I tried to load my voice with innocence.

"I thought Jenny just left." Marcus spoke up, then he looked at me with a questioning look that soon turned to one of astonishment.

"Jenny did just leave but that's only cos her sister, Sophie, is having a party tonight at their place and said that if Jenny helped get everything ready we could both go." I shrugged my shoulders as if it was perfectly normal for me to be invited but i didn't like the way my top slipped further down my shoulder to reveal more of my hot pink bra. I tried my best to ignore it but i'm pretty sure that my awkward smile gave me away.

"Sophie's party?" Dylan asked.

"Yes." I replied simply whilst i took a single grape from the fruit bowl and popped in my mouth whole. Then i spat it out into the bin. "Eurgh." That was gross.

"Sophie's coming to my party."

"The party that's cancelled?...Riiiiiiiiight..." I dragged out the word. "Maybe, she didn't want to waste her Saturday evening. I guess it doesn't take months to plan a party." I shrugged and moved to leave the kitchen.

"How did she find out that it's cancelled when it isn't?" Dylan challenged me.

Okay, so, the truth was that the only person i'd told about the cancelled party was Jenny and she had no intention of telling Sophie...but Dylan didn't know that *evil smile*.

"I don't know." I shrugged again.

"You'd better fix this!" I stared at Dylan like he was insane. "This is your fault!"

"How the hell is it my fault?" I didn't let Dylan answer. "It's your own fault. You knew when mum and dad were coming back from their two week business trip. Here's a tip, it's two weeks after they left. It's not my fault that you are a disorganised, self-centred jerk!" It was silent for a few moments before Marcus snorted loudly as he tried to cover up a laugh.

Dylan glared at him. "Sorry." Marcus said quietly. "It's just a brilliant description of you." He muttered. Dylan looked at me, his eyebrows raised, a shocked expression on his face. I just laughed out loud. Was i winning this argument? Time to find out!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooooo!

Vote and comment!!