gone.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

She threw everything that belonged to me off the front porch. I was positive the whole neighborhood was listening, watching. She grabbed me roughly by my shoulders, kicking me and pushing me and slapping me. Anything you could imagine. Her words dripped with venom, cursing me between every sentence she said.

I scrambled to pick up my belongings and make a poor, failed attempt to re-enter the house. I was scared out of my mind, terrified as she struck me across my face multiple times. "YOU FILTHY, FILTHY SLUT!" She screamed, bellowing in my face. How much of a terrible daughter I was. A slut who deserved it. I was so confused. She was so sacred to me, I expected the opposite of what was happening.

"I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A LITTLE WHORE! YOU'RE NOTHING TO ME!"

I backed away from her. She slammed the door in my face, and I grabbed everything I had, refusing to allow myself to cry. I let her words sink in, and cut me deep. I ran off into the night, down the dim lit street, in search of somebody, anybody. I was getting nowhere. I was cold, tired, helpless. I figured now was the day I'd finally end up dying. Since the incident, that was all I wanted to do anyway. I wrapped my arms around myself, shivering as I ventured even further into the night.

I didn't know where exactly I was, but I was positive it was far from where I was supposed to be.

I kept walking, ignoring the stares and smug looks of strangers. I kept my eyes locked on the ground below me, clutching what little I had of belongings. I continuously grew paranoid of someone following me, watching. I came to a slow stride, coming to terms with the fact that I had no idea where I was going or where exactly I was headed. I stopped, slumping down against a building and pulling my knees up to my chest, placing my head down.

I almost dropped my guard, until I heard footsteps approaching. I snapped my head up, getting up with sudden speed I didn't even know that I had, and began walking fast in the opposite direction, refusing to slow down until I was past the littered sidewalks and grafitti stained brick walls. I began walking normal pace, the strong smell of weed hitting my nostrils strong. I covered my nose, keeping my arms acrossed, as I wandered past a large group of strangers. I glanced, flinching at the sight of them. I had never even seen the likes of them before, until one smirked slyly.

"Lost, ma?"