{3}

It took me three days to begin 'work' for him. I didn't completely warm up to him yet, but he did try to get me talking more. He didn't describe to me what exact job I was doing, but he did tell me only a little bit of where I'd be doing it. He'd drive me around parts of the city I never even knew about, every day, and even did so much as buying me a complete new wardrobe. It wasn't...completely what I was used to wearing. But if it was required for the job, I'd do anything. I was desperate for money, for status, some sort of affection. Even if I had no choice but to get it from someone more dangerous than the thief of my innocence.

I was in what I had to call my room, looking out the window when a knock came on my door. I moved past the bed, walking over and opening the door to see Rakim standing with clothes in his hand. "Put this on." He said, handing it to me. I looked at it, trying to disguise my discomfort. "R-Right now?" I stammered, and he smirked. "I'm not gone watch, if that's what you're asking." He retorted and I sighed. "Fine." I mumbled, stepping back to close the door. I laid them out on the bed, frowning. It was a skimpy top and shorts that probably barely covered my butt. "I can't go out like this..." I whispered to myself, chewing my bottom lip. It was worse enough that I had to be seen by a group of literally nobody but guys, but to stand out in public like this? Nah.

I swallowed my pride, ignoring the tears slowly starting to sting my eyes as I slid the outfit on, looking down at myself. I had to constantly pull the top up and tug down on my shorts just for it to fit properly. I was practically selling myself just to make a few extra bucks, find my own place. Still, I had no education. How was I supposed to get somewhere when I'm being dumped off at nowhere. "Don't cry..." I whispered to myself, placing the only other necessity I had that still connected me to my old life. I fiddled with it for a few, looking at myself in the mirror. Hazel Laith could've been a 17 year old honors student, on her way to a top dollar college, a loving family who respected her. Now? She didn't even respect herself. I stepped back, opening the door slowly and taking a while to step out, looking at the ground. Immediate cat calls and whistles came from everybody surrounding the room, who's names I'd learned varied from Yams, Ant, Nast, Twelvy, Illz, and Ferg.

I covered up my chest, staying in the doorway as Rakim sized me up, smirking. "Well, it fits you well." He commented, covering up a laugh. "It barely does fit." I mumbled, pulling my shirt up once more. "Do you need money or not?" He asked sharply and I kept quiet once more, rubbing my arm uncomfortably. "Why do I even have to wear this in the first place..?" I asked quietly. "Well," He began, loading up a couple of spare pistols he had laying on the table. "Tonight, we have to make a bust." He said, referring to the mob of guys he had. "And take a hit out on a pig. Your job is to lure him to us, using all of that." He motioned towards me, then paused. "Turn around." He said, looking at me impatiently. I did a small turn, feeling eyes peeled on me. "Yeah, you'll definitely play the part well." He smirked. "The moment you lead the bitch to us, we load heat." He shoved the stack of bullets into the pistol, then putting a banana clip around a small AK. "And we get his money, jewelry, whatever shit he had. And there goes your pay."

He motioned for one of the girls already there to lead me into her room. "Ferg's bitch right here will tell you all about what you have to do." He waved me out of the room as a tall female stepped in. She was really beautiful, had long hair, a curvy shape, and large breasts. I started feeling insecure about my petite structure as she pushed me into her room, which smelled of perfume and hair curlers. She sat me down in front of a large vanity mirror, taking my hair out of it's large, but messy up. "Hazel, right?" She said smoothly, running her fingers through my hair. I nodded, and she smiled. "Pretty name, pretty girl. How'd you get caught up in Ra's mob?" She asked me and I shrugged. "I was walking around, and I didn't have anywhere else to go..." I said quietly and she frowned. "Oh yeah, I heard about you..." She began curling my hair, styling it similar to hers. "Well, I'm Laylani. I guess he's placing you under my wing?" She said, turning me around and beginning to put make up on me. I wrinkled my nose as she patted the powder brush all along my nose, I never usually wore make up before unless it was an absolute special event.

"Smile, it's not so bad after the first few nights. Trust me, I've been at this since I was 16 years old." She said, starting on my eye make up. "How old are you now?" I asked her, keeping my eyes closed as she placed eyeliner and shadow along the lids. "Almost 20. Give me 2 more months, hopefully we'll both be around for it." She sighed, finishing my eyes and holding up three tubes of gloss. I picked the one on the left, and she opened it. "I'm sure you can tell it's a dangerous ass job out there. Not only are you a runner, but I'm sure once you hit your prime, you'll be nothing but a comfort girl." She applied the gloss on me, signalling for me to rub my lips. "Comfort girl?" I asked, confused. She gave off a wary smile. "You'll find out. I'll explain everything when we get back." She splashed some perfume on me, turning the chair around for me to see my reflection. In the mirror, I looked...completely different. I wasn't the same 17 year old I was only a week ago. I was renowned, redefined...downgraded, almost. "Do you at least tolerate it?" She asked, noticing my expression. I gave off a shy smile, nodding. "Good." She said, giving me a reassuring squeeze. "It'll be okay. Just follow his orders at all times, everything will be alright. Okay?" She said, and I nodded. "Ready?" She said, offering her hand. I grabbed it, following her out the door and into the main room.

"Boys and bitches, meet Haze." She announced, stepping aside to show me off. Haze...I was already having second thoughts on myself.