{12}

That night I began packing. Despite being a comfort girl, I still had a side job as a runner to do, and today's targets weren't just two or sometimes three people, it was an entire mob, at least 12 people. Not larger than our mob of course, but still a difficult task. I pushed all the comfort thoughts out of my head, thinking of how we were supposed to lure a group of people to their deaths. I finished packing, we'd be staying at the hotel these pigs were at for at least 5 days, and I wasn't too keen on what would be happening while we were there.

I sat on my bed, trying to close everything inside of the small suitcase I borrowed from Lani when a knock came at my door. I looked up, cringing at who it was. "My, I wouldn't have been able to tell that you were a screamer." He smirked, leaning against the door frame. I sighed, going back to zipping the suitcase. "I'm almost ready, if that's what you came in here for." I mumbled, not looking back up at him. He stepped inside of my room, looking around and picking up small stuff. "That's actually not all I came in here for."

I stopped for a second, fiddling with the handle of the zipper in nervousness. I wasn't up for having sex with him, especially not in my own room, where I come to hide away from him. He noticed my reaction as I tensed up and he laughed. "Not that. But I wouldn't mind any time of the day." He spoke, setting whatever he was messing with down back in it's place on the dresser. "Okay...then what?" I asked slowly, scooting away from the suitcase and crossing my legs "According to Laylani, you haven't been out all day."

I blinked. "And that's a surprise...?" I tilted my head, wondering where he was getting at. He shrugged. "Did you eat?" He asked me and I went back to zipping. "Yeah, I had a few." I lied, finishing the suitcase and setting it to the side. "Smart ass. I been home all day." He leaned against the wall, watching me. "I can go a day without food, I'll survive." I shrugged. "Was that all? Because I'm sure I have to get dressed for work since we're leaving tonight." I stood up, going towards the dresser to find something to wear. He pulled me back gently, cornering me against the wall. I squinted up at him, almost forgetting that he was taller than me.

He still had his hand on my wrist, and I tried wiggling it around to pull it away from him. I jerked it back, holding it up for a moment before realizing he could see it and quickly put it down, not looking him in the eye as shallow fear came over me. I swallowed, feeling his eyes on me. "Well that's an interesting sight." He mumbled, pointing at it. I said nothing, rubbing my arm nervously. "Why do you do it?" He asked in a calming tone. I stared at the floor, pressing my back against the wall. "I told you. And you should know." I answered. "Not every girl raped and left bleeding in the middle of the street, dropped out and thrown out overcomes without some sort of proof of battle." I said, harshly than I had intended. "Well shit, excuse me. I wasn't expecting to bring a bitch out in you."

I gasped. "Who the hell said I even wanted to talk about it?! I barely even know you, yet I'm having to sleep with you just to 'comfort' YOUR needs. I went from blowing minds to seeing brains blown out in front of me! I've taken more drugs in my life being here that wasn't a damn Tylenol! I have to do so much for you, I don't know you. I don't know your life. All I'm forced to do is pay you this, this high end gratitude to you for letting me stay here and pleasing you and killing random people on the side for you, and I don't know a thing about you, except you're somebody who thinks so highly of himself, all I see when I look at him is a sex craved, thuggish, insensitive jackass." I spat at him, not caring that I was crying. "Why am I selling myself to you and telling you all this shit I didn't ask for your opinion on, when all you're gonna do ultimately is degrade and dismiss me?!" I shouted at him, waiting for some type of response. I breathed heavily, clenching my fist. I despised being belittled. I didn't like telling anybody how I felt afterwards, and I damn sure didn't want him of all people knowing about the sketched canvases on my wrist.

I waited and waited, for some type of rude response or reaction. He looked at me, pulling his bottom lip in before bringing his hand up to brush the tear falling from my cheek. I flinched, surprised at the contact. He laughed lightly at my reaction and I squinted. "I wasn't gonna hit you." I clenched my jaw, staying still as he let out a sigh. "Look, I'm sorry. I don't know shit about you either, aside from what you just told me. But if I was as insensitive as you say I was, would you really think I'd be concerned with this?" He held my wrist up in front of me and I blinked, looking away. "I'm not nice because I have to be. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna notice things." He spoke and I calmed down, nodding some. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest as I kept nodding. "I'm sorry if I scare you or hurt your feelings." He pulled away and I just looked at him. "Then I didn't mean what I said." I whispered quietly. He nodded, stepping back to leave the room. "Get dressed." He shut the door quietly and I looked at my wrists again.

God forbid these next five days.