{11}

I woke up with my head pounding, my mind in a blur, and the sun beaming through the window of a room I don't even remember being in. I tried sitting up, failing and laying back down on my stomach, looking around the room groggily. It looked clean, royal even, and I couldn't quite piece it all together as I tried remembering bits and fractions of the events that took place last night. I cringed as I heard Laylani knock on the door, letting herself in carrying a glass of water and a bottle of Tylenol. "Hey, lady." She said quietly, setting the glass down gently and sitting beside you. I groaned in return, keeping my eyes closed. "You know, the cherry of my night last night was not only hearing you moan and scream, but having to come in and put clothes on you when he left. Really nice." She smiled sarcastically and I reopened them. "He who?" I mumbled groggily and she chuckled. "Who do you think?"

I sat up, allowing my hair to fall all over my face. "We didn't...did we?" I asked, already knowing what the answer was gonna be on the tip of my tongue. Who else's bed would I be laying in my underwear in? It was fit like a king...and as far as I knew, that was how he was supposed to be treated. She simply nodded her head and I sighed, putting my head back in the pillow. "You were faded off one acid tab, drinking, blowing blunts, you're such a trooper." She laughed, nudging my shoulder to get me to sit up. I pulled the blanket over to cover myself, sitting up as she handed me the Tylenol and the glass of water. I swallowed it down, taking a few gulps before setting it down gently. "I can give you my robe so you don't have to take the infamous walk of shame." She slid the blue plush robe off her shoulders, handing it to me. I nodded, pulling my arms through before pushing the covers back, waiting a while to get up.

"You don't remember a thing of last night?" She asked, helping me up as I tied the robe together. I shook my head, rubbing my forehead. "I just remember a few things before I tripped. And that's about it." I chewed my lip and she snorted. "You were so faded, you pretty much threw yourself at him." I shuddered at that. "So that makes me...?" I turned to her with panic and she nodded, pulling her lips in. "Look, it's not that bad. He's typically nice to his girls, and he already had a soft...fondness, I guess, of you. So you shouldn't have too much to worry about." She grabbed the bottle of pills and empty glass, leading me out of the room. I was unfamiliar with the hallway beyond this point, so she had to lead me as lowkey as she could. We passed by the kitchen, feeling eyes on me and seeing smirks. I sighed, putting my head low as we passed the empty, trashed main room. She stopped by my door, pushing it open. "Ignore all that. You always get the spotlight after getting audible dick." She chuckled and I gave a small smile, waiting for her to shut the door and leave before falling on my bed. In the span of one night, I got faded to the max, tried drugs I never even thought I'd find out about, and lost whatever virginity I was holding on to left. And I've only been 18 for a little more than 24 hours.

I laughed at my foolishness, refusing the tears in my eyes to drop as I dismissed this as me being petty. This kind of stuff happens all the time, no matter if I liked it or not. And now, I definitely couldn't change it. It took a few hits of a blunt and a trip of acid to realize this whole time I was protecting myself from the inevitable. There was no point in continuing the good girl front, secretly hoping my old life would stir up from the slums and I'd be out of here in a matter of weeks, days even. I had to give up on that false hope, and face the fact that I was here for almost life. But as I stood in the shower, letting the water drip down my body and washing away the filthy events of last night, it hit me that I couldn't let my old self go that easily, in the blink of an eye.

I was stuck, and all I could do was sit back and juggle the decisions in my hand of my fate, right or wrong.