{15}

"Can you believe it's time for us to leave already?" Laylani asked as we placed our stuff inside our suitcases. I laughed, nodding my head in agreement. "The last two days were nice, I won't lie." I responded, zipping up the small bag. "Mhm, and it was even better seeing you shoot your kill for the first time." She smirked and I felt my face flush, rolling my eyes in embarrassment. "Stop. I didn't even mean for it to come out the way I did." I sat on the bed, laying down on it. "But you said it and shocked the whole damn nation, did you not?" She pointed out and I waved her off, choosing not to answer. She finished packing and grabbed our bags, placing them by the front door. "Hey, wanna order room service for the last time?" She asked, laying out on her bed and picking up the phone on the nightstand. I nodded. "Sure. I'm starving anyway." "You've been starving for like, four days." She rose a brow and I shrugged. "You know I never eat. Hotel food just gets to me." I laughed and she made a face, dialing the number.

While she was ordering food from the small menu given to us when we first arrived here, I sat up in the bed for a minute, a frown on my face before getting up and walking over to the bathroom. I closed the door, cutting on the light and leaning against the sink for a while. I tapped my fingers against the counter, trying my best to ignore the whirlwind going on in my stomach before failing and finding myself kneeling over the toilet, releasing all the contents of food I had eaten for the day. I was trying not to be so loud with it, but I eventually heard knocks on the door. "Haze? You okay?" I waited a while to answer, spitting into the toilet and catching my breath. "Fine..." I shouted weakly, and she came in anyway with a glass of water in her hand. "You've been saying that for 3 days." She squinted at me and I shrugged again, taking the glass and washing the water around in my mouth, spitting that out before using mouthwash also. "I'm fine, honestly." I brushed it off and she snorted, shaking her head. "Stubborn as always. I'll get a ginger ale from the cooler." She left out the room and I flushed the toilet, spraying air freshener and walking out. "Here." She handed me a can of ginger ale before going to her plate. "Yours is on the table if you have an appetite." She pointed, and I shook my head, sitting back down on the bed. "I'll be fine. I'll keep it for later." I sipped on the ginger ale, flipping through televisions.

We did this for about 30 minutes, me only getting up to pick at food or puke, and the time came for us to check out of the hotel and head back home. As usual, the ride there was short, and I couldn't wait to crawl into bed and sleep this bug away for the rest of the day. I went inside my room, quickly unpacking and changing into comfortable clothes before laying down. I didn't fall asleep right away, so I stayed up, staring at the ceiling for some time until it started getting dark. A knock came at the door and I was too lazy to get up, so I yelled at it was open. Laylani came in, pulling me out of bed. "What are you doing?" I groaned as she dragged me into her room. "You've been sick for like, four days." She sat me down on her bed before going through a door. "So?" I shrugged, crossing my legs. "Do you have to pee right now?" She looked back at me, asking and I made a face. "Uh, I can go...?" I blinked, confused at what she was getting at. She nodded, digging more until she pulled out an unopened box, dragging me by my arm again into the bathroom. She opened up the box, pulling out a white stick before shoving it towards me. "Pee on this." I looked at what was in my hands and frowned at it, raising an eyebrow. "I don't need this." I said simply, pushing it towards her but she shook her head. "I'm older than you, and besides better safe. I know first hand if this nigga gets too faded he doesn't stop." She read over the box quickly before nodding. "When you're done we can distract ourselves for 5 minutes." She left the room and I groaned again, shutting the door.

"How in the hell am I supposed to pee comfortably with this?" I mumbled to myself, and sucked my pride up, doing as Laylani said and peeing on the white stick. When I was done, I set it on the counter, washing my hands and poking my head out the door to see Laylani with her arms crossed, looking at the main room. I cleared my throat and she jumped some, looking at me. "You done?" She asked and I nodded, wiping my hands on my shorts. "Now why do you want me to do this again? Cause I'm not seeing the point." I frowned, grabbing a can of soda from the fridge. She simply shook her head. "I'm just saying, you'll feel relief when nothing shows. You could really be sick." She suggested and I rolled my eyes. "Nice try, La. How much longer anyway?" I asked and she glanced at the microwave. "You can go ahead now. I'll be riiight there." She hopped off the counter, following me to the bathroom and standing on the doorway. I picked it up, blinking at it. "What's the sign mean again?" I tilted my head and she reread the box's instructions at me, looking up hopefully. I set it down, sitting on the edge of the tub. "Got any more of those?" I pointed towards the box she was holding and she furrowed her brows, looking at the test I set down on the sink.

"Oh god, Haze..."