Chapter 5

Self Control

Your POV

"Lauren please! Help me get out!" I pleaded as I pulled at the chains that were guarding the window but instead of helping, Lauren held me down.

"Calm down! Why do you want to get out so bad? What's wrong baby?" Lauren's gentle voice made my heart flutter and I stopped struggling to get out of her hold. She brought her lips up to mine and I relaxed completely.

"Tell me what's wrong and I'll help you." Lauren put her hands on my hips and I let a few tears fall from my eyes. She frowned and kissed my jaw, waiting for an answer. I relaxed with every kiss of hers and she wiped my tears away.

"Lauren I just witnessed one of my own get killed. I saw two of my friends get killed by Carmilla. I saw Laura, one of the sweetest girls in the world, die in her girlfriends arms. I saw Yvette and Rita's lifeless bodies piled on top of each others like trash! I need to leave and I need to distract myself! Is that too much to ask for?" I cried out and Lauren's face softened. Her lips were parted with her eyebrows pointed upwards and her bottled green eyes were filled with concern.

"I'll hurt Carmilla if she ever hurts anyone else. If she's the reason why you're crying, I might as well go kick her ass right now." Lauren's eyes turned into a chartreuse color and her upper lip rose when her fangs escaped her mouth.

"Lauren don't hurt her. We came upstairs late, we don't know what actually happened. We have to hear the full story. Now can you please help me break these stupid chains?" I raised my voice and Lauren yanked the chains causing them to snap. I opened the window but before I could jump out, Lauren grabbed my wrist.

"Be home in two hours. Take care, please." Lauren pressed her lips on my forehead and I nodded. I swung my body out of the window and landed on my feet, I knew that I couldn't take my car since Mike would notice that I was missing so I commenced to run all the way to Camila's school. My throat was burning and my feet were getting tired and her school was miles away but I didn't stop running until I saw her. Camila was sitting on the curb and I tackled her to the ground, nuzzling my head into the crook of her neck. She got scared but hugged me back once she realized who I was and I let my emotions get the best of me when I felt her embrace around my body. I started to sob uncontrollably and Camila held me, occasionally kissing my cheek.

"Y/N did you run all the way here?" Camila pulled away from the embrace and I tried to form words but found myself coughing. She took out a water bottle from her purse and handed it to me and I chugged it down, the cold water easing the fire in my throat. Camila helped me up from the ground and I put my hand around her waist while we walked to her house.

"Do you mind telling me why a lovely girl like you was crying?" Camila asked and I was quick to come up with a lie. I couldn't risk telling her about what really happened, I didn't want to scare her away. Camila was the first human I had met outside of my house and I felt a connection with her that wasn't worth losing.

"I got into trouble and I said some things I regret. I ran here because I wanted to see you. Just being next to you makes me feel better." I admitted and Camila put her arms around my neck. She ran her thumb over my lips and I was quick to hide my face in her shoulder. Her aroma was intoxicating and I had the sudden urge to bite her but I controlled myself by leaving open mouthed kisses on her neck. Camila's hand went in my hair and her other hand trailed down my back as she pressed her body into mine. I felt something sharp come out of my fingertips so I looked over her shoulder to see claws. My breath hitched but I couldn't get enough of Camila. My hunger came back and this time I was giving in completely. My mouth hovered over hers but the only thing I got to feel was the softness of her lips.