Chapter 13

Blaming Myself

Your POV

"Well now you can say you've tamed a wolf." I straddled Camila and she rolled her eyes at my words. I leaned in slowly but she put her hand over my lips, signaling me to shut up. I could hear faint screams so I shot up from the bed and locked the windows.

"Camila stay here! Don't open the door to anyone and stay away from the windows!" I handed her a baseball bat and she leaned her head on mine. Tears welled up in her eyes and I sighed softly, kissing the tip of her nose.

"You'll be fine babe, nothing's gonna hurt you. I'll go check on Sofia and send her here, she'll knock on the door three times okay? Once she gets in you better close the door. I love you." Camila's bottom lip was quivering so I left the door open while I went across the hall to get Sofia. Once I opened the door, she jumped into my arms and I carried her into my room.

"I love you." Camila whispered as I shut the door. I took a huge breath and ran downstairs seeing people with black masks on. There were about twenty of them and only seven of us. We were out-numbered and these people, if they even were people, had the manpower to take each of us down one by one.

"Jacob!" Bea screamed with pain laced in her voice. She kneeled down next to Jacob and put her head on his as she interlocked their fingers together. The man in the black mask went behind Bea and raised a spear with a sliver point at her but I tackled him to the floor, preventing him from causing her any harm. I growled and stared him down, his breathing became heavy and I could already tell he was human. His silver spear was pointed at the bottom of my chin, grazing my skin and I whimpered at the burning sensation it gave me. I replaced my hands on his shoulders with my knees, freeing my hands to grab the spear and pointed it at him. I pushed the spear into his neck and blankly stared at the person who I had just murdered.

"Mom, dad, no! Please no! Please!" Lauren collapsed on top of her parents lifeless bodies and all of the men left the house. Carmilla had an arrow in her knee which she ripped out and I turned my head back to Zendaya who was cradling Bea in her arms. Lauren's sniffling turned into loud cries and it pained me to see everyone so vulnerable. Tori and Perrie were holding each other tightly with their eyes shut,
Carmilla looked defeated as she curled up to Laura's old journals and Bea's voice had gone away, forcing her to silently cry to herself.

"This is all my fault, I got distracted. I can't tell you how sorry I am....." I trailed off my sentence to go upstairs into my room. The door was creeked open so I entered it, whipping my head to the side when I didn't see Sofia or Camila. I stepped into the room and looked at the door, investigating the claw marks left behind. I frantically searched through the whole house, taking down everything in my way. Perrie hugged my head to her chest and I let my tears flow. I was in so much pain that I couldn't make any noise so I found myself struggling to breath and slipping from Perrie's hold. Tori came over to me and sat down on the wall next to me, singing softly in my ear.

This road I'm on is so confusing
I feel I'm on the edge of losing my mind
It seems as if my world is breaking
I never know if I am dreaming

Somebody break the curse
Seems like it's getting worse
Why I am going nowhere
When will it be my turn
Everything seems to work
They might just get you down
Feels like I'm 'bout to burst
Somebody break the curse

Her voice soothed my nerves and I managed to find the strength to get up from the floor. I followed Lauren up to the roof and she fell into my arms with tears streaming down her face. My shirt was covered in tears and my bottom lip quivered as I fought back my emotions. Lauren met my gaze and seeing her tear stained cheeks caused me to break down completely. Her green eyes were now gray and my eyes were getting heavy from all the crying I was doing.

"I wished on a stupid star that Camila would choose to stay with me and now look what I've done! I regret ever making that wish! If I hadn't done it, Camila and Sofia would be fine! Camila's family would have been better off without us but I chose to be a selfish bastard! Lauren this is all my fault. All these people are dead because of me!" I wiped my tears and sat down on the ledge of the house causing Lauren to pull me back. She tugged at my collar but I grabbed her wrist and sat her down on my lap, holding her head to my chest.

"Stop worrying about me Lauren! I was the one who promised I'd never make you cry and here you are. All the promises I made are broken! I promised to never make you shed a tear and I promised to keep everyone safe but I killed half of our friends and failed to protect my own people. I can't keep breaking my own promises, I need to regain myself. I need to find them before they get hurt." Lauren's crying came to a stop and heavy footsteps caught our attention. Carmilla came up to the roof with her knee wrapped in a ripped sleeve and she winced with every step she took.

"Carm! Take it easy!" I caught Carmilla before she could hit the ground and she put her arm around my neck, using her other hand to gently sit herself down. She handed me Laura's journal and I hesitantly opened it, wondering why she gave it to me.

"You know how Jacob and Laura used to train? They used to learn the weaknesses and strengths of vampires and wolves just in case one of us lost our mind. Well it seems Jacob never took it too far like Laura did. Laura was very intelligent and she'd scope out things about me. She'd scribble down my problems and my areas of strengths and she also scribbled down things about you. Laura put herself as one of my strengths and she put Lauren as one of both of your weaknesses and strengths. I still don't understand that part but since Mike told us fictional stories, Laura would always dig deeper into them. Turns out Mike might have told her about the Upir Hunters since she wrote a whole five page essay about them. I should've known something was up with my girl, she was always writing in her journals but I was never allowed to touch them, they were sacred but when she passed I started reading through them until I came across this one." Carmilla explained happily as I read and skimmed through the pages, smiling when I found a list of the members involved. I put my hand on Carmilla's knee and she stared at the now visible veins in my arm. My arm shook in pain and a low grunt escaped my lips but I didn't stop healing her until her wound was completely closed. I stepped back once I finished and Carmilla slowly stood up.

"I want to take on Laura's journal entries. I want to solve every legend she took interest in and I want you both to help me. We'll get Camila and Sofia back too, we'll find the whole worlds weakness!" Carmilla stood up with her arms crossed and Lauren rested her arm on my shoulder.

"We'll get our revenge."