Chapter 11

Bleeding Eyes

Previously.......

Your POV

"You don't have to compete with Lauren. Camila I want you, not her. Once I met you all of my feelings for Lauren died out. You're the only person I want to be with." I flipped Camila over so she'd be beside me but she jerked away when a bloodcurdling scream echoed through the house.

"Who was that?"

I was lacking my usual physical strength but when I heard Tori howl I felt a shot of adrenaline pump through my body. I weakly got up from the bed and back onto my feet, rushing down the stairs with Camila.

"Look away!" Mike shouted frantically as he covered Sofia's eyes. Camila kneeled down next to her mother and I tried pulling Sofia out of Mike's grips but Perrie twisted my arms behind my back. I didn't have a lot of energy but I used my legs to move myself forward and Sofia cried out for help. Mike ignored her and locked her in my training room, letting her bang on the window pane.

"Let me go! Leave me alone!" I elbowed Perrie in the ribs but all she did was wince. My claws came out of my fingertips and I let out a mighty howl causing Perrie to let go. I touched the door knob, almost twisting it but Lauren got a hold of my collar, pulling me back to the wall.

"Stop! My dad locked her in there for a reason! Go help Camila!" Lauren put her hands on both sides of my face and I took a deep breath as I slipped my hands in hers. Her eyebrows creased and she locked her gaze with mine, waiting for me to speak.

"Go inside the training room with Carm. Go comfort Sofi she must be scared, she needs someone right now." My voice faded at the end of my sentence and Lauren could sense how worried I was so she pulled Carmilla into the training room.

"Mom please! I need you here, Sofi needs you, please hold on." Camila cried on her mothers shoulder and I stumbled back when I saw her mom crying blood. I kneeled down beside her and put my hand over her eyes, transferring my health to hers. My heart began to slow down and I wiped my eyes, pulling away completely when blood started streaming down my face.

"Y/N nothing you do can save her. Sofia accidentally triggered one of her vampire abilities, she has to stay in the room so we can monitor her. If she feels threatened by any one of us she won't turn us into stone like Medusa but she will glare at us until we bleed out." Mike cleared up the situation and I flushed my eyes with water.

"I'm sorry Camila." I gently carried her up and she cried into my chest. I walked upstairs and placed her down on the bed. "Why?" That was the only word that left Camila's mouth and she kept repeating it while she cried into a pillow. I rubbed her back and left the room, I knew she wouldn't want to be left alone but she needed her family and I was planning to bring Sofia back to her.

"Y/N you can't go in there! Only Carmilla and Lauren can be near Sofia. They're Pure Bloods and they are the only ones who have full immunity against Sofia's gaze." Clara stood in front of the door with her arms crossed and I punched the wall, accidentally making a dent. There was blood dripping from my knuckles but I clenched my fists and held them to my sides.

"Lauren and Carmilla please step out of the room." Clara spoke into the receiver and both girls got out of the room. Sofia pressed her face against the window desperately trying to find someone so I put both of my hands on the glass. Sofia overlaid her hands against the glass with mine and I stared into her eyes. Clara began to pull me away but I didn't break eye contact with Sofia until Mike went inside the training room to cover her eyes with a blindfold.

"Nothing happened! I'm going in whether you like it or not." I shoved Clara aside and walked inside the room forcing Mike to leave as well. I kneeled down in front of Sofia and removed the blindfold but she covered her eyes with her hands.

"Sofia open your eyes, it's okay. You won't hurt me." I carefully moved her hands away from her face and she fell into my arms. "I killed my mother." Sofia cried as she dug her face in my sweater. I laid down on the floor, getting in a comfortable position to hold her in and she let herself go.

"I didn't mean to hurt her! I was so angry and I gave her a mean look, I didn't know I was going to make her eyes bleed. I have no clue how that happened, you have to believe me! I'm harmless." Sofia tightened her grip around me and I rubbed her back until she stopped crying.

"I believe you Sofi. I know you didn't have any intention of hurting anyone. Things just got out of hand, I understand you completely. You're shifting into an abnormal life, things like this are inevitable. Sofi none of this is your fault. Can you say that for me?" I played with her hair and she cleared her throat looking up at me with sad eyes.

"I can't lie to myself. I could say none this is my fault but I won't believe the words that fly out of my mouth. Y/N do you really think I'm the victim? I mean, I am the one who killed their own mother. Camila must hate me." Sofia paced around the room and I grabbed her arms so she'd stop moving around.

"Camila does not hate you. She could never hate you! Sofia you are her sister and she loves you. Nothing you ever do could make Camila despise you. Sofia everyone in this house knows what you did was a mistake and I won't allow you to beat yourself up about it." I slipped my hand in hers and forcefully pulled her upstairs but once we got to the front of my room she slammed her heels into the ground.

"No! I might hurt my sister! I can't risk killing her too!" Sofia cried out and my room door flew open. Sofia shut her eyes and Camila kneeled in front of her, engulfing her little sister in a hug. Sofia looked shocked at first but later on returned the embrace.

"Are you alright Sofi?" Camila lowered her voice and Sofia hesitantly opened her eyes. "Do you hate me?" Sofia's voice cracked and Camila shook her head furiously.

"I love you and I know you didn't mean to hurt mom. I also know that you won't hurt anyone else ever again." Camila kept her sister trapped in a hug and I watched them with a small smile on my face.

"I'll let you two get some sleep." I pecked Camila's lips and walked downstairs into the living room where Lauren was. She was lying down on the couch so I crept up next to her.

"Laur do you mind if I lay down with you?" I asked and Lauren scooted over, opening her arms. I cuddled up to her and her eyes lit up at my actions.

"I thought you hated me. What's up with the sudden change of heart?" Lauren queried and I chuckled lightly.

"I love you, you know that right? I care about you so much Lauren but our spark has died out. I don't think we can be together, our arguments would rip us apart. Don't get me wrong I will always have feelings for you but they won't be strong enough for me to start a relationship with you. Lauren I'm sorry for all the times I've made you cry. You never deserved to feel like that, you deserve someone who'll make you happy. I'm sorry for hurting you. I love you so much and I really hope we can keep our friendship alive. That's one thing I'm most afraid to lose." I pulled Lauren close to me and she broke out into tears. I frowned and she bit her lip, fighting off the rest of her tears.

"I'm sorry for making you angry and I'm sorry for getting in the way of your happiness. I have feelings for you and they're so strong that I try to stop anyone from stealing you away from me. Y/N I love you and I know that my feelings for you will never die out but since you don't feel as strongly as I do, I'll make sure our friendship never dies because that's one thing I'm afraid to lose too." Lauren wiped her eyes and I handed her some tissues which she blew her nose into. I scrunched up my nose in disgust and she rolled her eyes, aiming for the trashcan across the room. The used tissues made it inside the can and I cheered, attacking her with kisses.

"Get it together Lauren you're supposed to be a tough vampire." I teased and Lauren pulled me down on top of her. She gave me a sloppy wet forehead kiss and I shrieked, wiping my head on her shirt.

"I am tough, you're just my weakness."