Chapter 16

Niall’s POV

I woke up with the worst migraine in the world, to be honest it probably wasn’t a migraine, I had a really bad hangover. I sat up in my bed and looked around at me; my room was pretty tidy considering I came in drunk. My clothes were chucked onto my chair in the corner but my shoes were underneath the chair tidily, weird. I honestly couldn’t remember anything from last night, everything seemed such a blur. I clambered out of bed and made my way down the stairs, calling out for my parents as I did. However there was no reply. I found my phone charging in the kitchen and turned it on,

“SHIT!” I yelled when I saw the time, 11:13am. I’d missed period one and two! I quickly had a look at the texts I had,

Zayn: Mate where you at? No show at school after a party? That’s a new one!

Mum: Hope you got in safe last night, sorry we didn’t come home. We broke down on the motorway and stayed in a motel x

Louis: hope your head aint hurting too much! Get yo ass into school!

I was thankful my mum hadn’t come home last night, no doubt she would have screamed at me for being in such a state. I typed responses

To Zayn: Mate, I’ll be in school for dinner. Meet me at the blue gates? I’ll jump em, cba with the receptionist.

To Mum: Yeah I got in fine, its okay about not coming home x

Louis: Come to the blue gates with Zayn at dinner, I’m coming in.

I checked the time, 11:15am. I still had 45 minutes to get to school. I jumped in the shower for ten minutes and changed into some jeans and a polo top; I slipped on my Nike blazers and styled my hair before scrambling around the house for some money. Once I had enough together I locked up and ran to the shops near school, I ran straight to my favourite shop, ‘Sub Palace’.

“Meatball sub to go please.” I said, grabbing a bottle of cherry coke and placing it on the counter too.

I handed her money and grabbed my stuff.

“Keep the change.” I said, leaving as quickly as I could. I stuffed my food into my bag and ran down the backstreets which led to the blue gates, I waited until the bell went for dinner and watched as Zayn, Louis and Harry came running over to me.

“Take this.” I said, shoving my bag through a gap in the gates. Niall took it and placed it gently onto the floor; I began climbing over quickly and jumped down with a thud. I retrieved my bag from the floor and we went to our usual spot, Zayn lit up a fag and I got out my food.

“Where’s Liam?” I asked, looking round for him.

“He’s at some music thing.” I nodded my head,

“Good for him.” Zayn let out a little chuckle.

“Why, would you feel awkward around him because of last night?” I looked at Zayn confused.

“What do you mean?” I asked, taking a bite of my sub.

“The kiss during the game, idiot.” He smirked, my jaw dropped.

“Oh right yeah.” I said, I couldn’t believe Liam kissed me when I was in my most vulnerable state.

“Alright lads, just going toilet. Watch my stuff.” I stood up and ran down the field back into school, I began searching all of the music classrooms until I came across the one Liam was in.

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?” I roared, shoving the door open. Liam jumped up in shock and stepped back quickly.

“what are you talking about?”

“the kiss.” I snapped a little quieter so people didn’t hear,

“I didn’t make you kiss me Niall.” He said with a slight panic,

“Oh yeah, so who did? The kissing fairy?” I watched as he rolled his eyes.

“You done it yourself. I said no but you didn’t care.” I shook my head.

“I always knew you were gay Liam. Right from the very first day I met you, so you just go and make a move on me to try and make me love you. Not gonna happen.” He stared back at me hurt as I screamed the words in his face.

“JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME LIAM. I DON’T WANT YOU NEAR ME. I NEVER HAVE, I NEVER WILL. YOU’RE NOT ONE OF US, YOU’RE NOT GOING TO FIT IN. JUST LEAVE ALREADY.” And with that I turned on my heels and ran out of school back up to the lads. Once I took my seat I spotted Liam walking outside, he had his hood up and his head down. He kept wiping his face which I guess was from the tears, but I didn’t feel any sympathy.

“Is he coming over to us?” Harry asked, noticing Liam too.

“No.” I snapped. Harry held his hands up in defence,

“I was only asking, you don’t have to take my head off.” I laughed but continued to watch Liam, he was walking around to the front entrance. We were all shocked when we saw him jump the red gates and run,

“Did he really just sneak out of school?” Zayn asked gobsmacked. We all nodded in unison.

“Bad boys are rubbing off on him.” Louis laughed. I sighed deeply; no doubt this would end up being my problem again.