Pinepaws ceremony Chapter 7

(Dream paws pov)

I ducked under the water,as soon as I saw Silverpaw and Pinepaw lying on the smooth grey stone of sunnningrocks. I swam to the shore, seeing the precious watermint weed. I quietly claimed up the rocks and gently pulled on the weed. It didn't budge, so I Pulled harder... Still didn't budge so I pulled really hard, then the weed came loose and I toppled down the slope and landed in the water with a loud splash. Silverpaw looked up. " What was that?" She mewed to Pinepaw.
" probably just a fish, I'm guessing he jumped up onto shore and fell down!" Then he started to laugh. Silverpaw joined in and relaxed.

(Silverpaws pov)

" We should go back to camp." I mewed softly to Pinepaw. I stood up and shook out my pelt,grooming it into place
" I don't want to go." Pinepaw said.
" You're becoming a warrior you have to go.
Okay... OH YEAH! Come  on come on I might miss the ceremony! I laughed as he half slid half fell into the river.  I ran down the slope and launched myself into the water. Pinepaw disappeared under the surface, but soon reapeared with a fat trout.

We ran into camp just as Leapordstar was calling for the ceremony to start. "All cats old enough to swim gather below the high rock for a clan meeting! She yowled
" Ivyheart is Pinepaw ready to become a warrior?
Definitely." Mewed pinepaws mentor
"I call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice he has learned everything he needs to know,and is ready to become a warrior. Pinepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code,and defend and protect you clan at the cost of your life?
"I do." Pinepaw talked calmly but I could see him shivering with excitement.
" Then from this day forward you will be known as Pineclaw!" Leapordstar finished, and I was the First to call his new name.

Crowpaw became Crowfoot, and fishpaw became Fishpelt. I went to bed happy and sad. Happy for , but sad I wouldn't be able to feel his warm pelt up against mine.