Chapter 17 The changes begin

A.N. Hey guys thanks to the people that competed I have made my decision.
The winner is
Glitter_Crazy
And
@puppypinksing
With the name Night soon to be Nightshadow. Thank you all again.

(Fuzzy pelts pov)

I woke up to cold air running through the gaps in the den.
"Wait a minute where am I?" I murmured to myself. Then I remembered falling asleep next to my mother.

"Mom where are you weed need to talk."
" Yes we sure do!" She mewed please come with me."
I followed her to her den and we sat down.

"I'm not sure if you know this but Thunderclaw, is still alive but very I'll, his wounds got infected and there's not much more we could do. He'll be dead within sun down." She mewed solemnly.
" Are you asking me to be the new Deputy?"
" Oh I could ask your brother instead, if you don't want to." She hesitated.
" No I would be honered!" I mewed excitedly, I licked her nose and ran off excitedly.

(Silverstripes pov)

"Great job today Goldenpaw, you too Brookepaw." " Ill talk to Leapordstar about mail you warrior.
l" I wish Fuzzypelt got to see my adassessment, where is she anyways," Goldenpaw asked.
" I'm not sure I think she's a little umm sick yah sick from the battle!" I mewed making up the best excuse for her absence.
" Oh umm okay then." She mewed sadly.
"I'll make sure to tell her how good you did in your assessment.

" No need for that!" Fuzzypelt dashed out from some trees smiling.
" Hey there you are Goldenpaw I was looking for you." Fuzzypelt mewed exitedly. " Whats making you so happy?" I asked.
" I'm gonna be the next deputy!" She mewed. Then I realized my dad ,Thunderclaw must be... DEAD!! I stared at my friend and hared away.

       I ran into camp and to the medicine den. There I saw Dreamcloud leaning over Thunderclaws golden pelt.
" Dreamcloud is he-." I choked on the word dead. She shook her head.
" No but he is to ill to continue being deputy, so he's resigning." I sighed with relief and left the den. Goldenpaw, Brookepaw, and Fuzzypelt came walking into camp. Goldenpaw and Brookepaw were chattering like starlings, because they were going to the moonstone along with Dreamcloud, and Nightmarepaw.

----------

The next morning the apprentices had their ceremony. Goldenpaw became Goldenwhisker, Brookepaw became Brookestream, and Nightmarepaw became Nightmare heart.
" I have one more announcement before you are dismissed. Thunderclaw has resigned his duties as deputy, and Fuzzypelt will take his place." The clan called out Fuzzypelt and Thunderclaws name, and then the apprentices left.

That night Silverstripe dreamed of her parents again.
"Mom Dad I need to talk to you!" I called out. I what he'd their bodies slowly come up the slope. They both looked different. Storms ear was shredded, and Dawn had a long scratch along her flank. It was still trickling blood so this must've happened recently.
" What happens to you?" I asked looking at their wounds again.
" Windclan happened." Storm growled. " They attacked us again." They both looked weak and exhausted. " But what did you want to talk about dear?' Dawn asked politely.
" I'm thinking about leaving Riverclan." I confessed. I was tired of it and everything had changed since Fuzzypelt became the deputy. Only Pineclaw hung out with. I felt alone.
" Do you want us to show you where we live? You can stay with us for awhile." Dawn mewed to me. I nodded and we walked to a big Boulder crumble. Rocks, and boulders were In a big heap, and a small hole went into it. Inside the den was warm, cozy and spacious. The bedding was moss and sleeps wool and the warm scent of rabbit was all over the cave. They came in after me and Lay down. I snuggled into them and closed my eyes.

I woke up with a start. I finally know what to do now!