Chapter 12 - Hurt

POV Roger

I got home very sad. I told my mother and Clare that Yasmin had lied. They were shocked, but my mother said that Yasmin lied is because he had a reason. This for me does not matter.The truth hurts, but a lie is worse. I can not stand lie. I've always been true with all my friends, family. When I have to criticize, tell the truth, I say, matter who gets hurt. But I'm not a liar. Stand anything but betrayal in love, friendship and lie. And then my best friend was lying to me? Yasmin is a box of surprises.I went to my room and called Paul. Needed to talk to him and ask for some advice. I also want to know the score of the evidence of it.POV Yasmin.My parents fought with me for a lie. He said he gave the reason Roger. I regretted the lie. I flinched with him and now even my parents were against me. I know that Roger does not want to talk to me anytime soon. I thought about calling him, but gave up. I called Victoria and Layla. They said they sleep in my house today. I spoke briefly what had happened. To Layla and Victoria they were upset with the lie, but would talk to me personally. It remains to be arriving at night and I talk to my friends.Indeed the world is against me today. I decided to take a bike ride to think a little.

POV Paul. 

 I was going to walk to Roger's house. What he told me over the phone was serious. Yasmin lie to him? It's not possible. I came into your house and Winifred and Clare welcomed me with joy and said that Roger was in the room listening to music. I climbed the stairs and stopped in front of his room. The door was ajar. 

- Roger? Can I come in brother? 

- Of course, my brother. I entered his room. 

He was lying on his bed with a photo at hand. Yasmin and he was in the sixteenth birthday of Yasmin. The two were holding each other smiling in the photo. 

- What do I do with this picture? I was in the picture frame. The I took.

- Put the picture back, Roger. You are hurt because she lied to you, but will always love the Brazilian girl. She is his princess as you say. 

- Yasmin drives me crazy. - He sighs - Two-way. Beauty, intelligence and also when she readies something to me and makes me upset. Why you lied to me? I do not understand, Paul. 

- Yasmin faltered with you. I am a little sad, because one way or another she lied to us all. Especially you. But I've been thinking ... 

- What, Paul? Why do you think she lied to me?  

- Man, sometimes she did not just say to you that at the beginning she prefers Oxford to London and chose to lie, not to see you upset from the start. 

- Ok, you saved me from getting hurt by it at first, but understand his decision. She lied and knew the truth and the pain is worse because it eluded me. I thought even in London studying at different campus, living in different apartments she would always be with me on weekends, when I needed anything she would be with me as ever and vice versa. I was a fool to believe. 

- I think she is very confused, Roger. She got the scholarship in three universities just like you. And now with this event I do not know if it will go to Oxford.

- It's her dream, Paul. Her to go to Oxford and forget altogether. 

- Calm down, brother. I know you do not want to talk to her the next day ... But ... 

- I do not want even Paul. Yasmin lately taking a walk with my face. He became little friend of my father, now this ... 

- Then let go day and talk to her calmly, brother. You can not live without her, Roger. And this will be for the rest of his life. You'll be old man and will want her to be with you. Do you understand what I say.