Chapter 18 - 1967 Christmas.

POV Roger. 

On December 15 we come to Truro for the happiness of our family. My mother and my little sister were missing a lot. I am also missing a lot of them. The women in my life. Of course there is a third woman on my list, Yasmin. My mother prepared a dinner with everything I like, with great affection. I had dinner with my mother and sister. We talked about many things, life in London, the college, the work of my mother, the studies of Clare. I wanted to know every detail of what had happened in these three months I was missing. Clare said that Michael had visited three times in the three months and she welcomed, although still a little upset. I remain adamant. I want to distance Michael. Damn, I can not forgive him. I do not hate my father, but the hurt is still great. I hope one day I can get over it. I told them I'm looking for a job, because I want the faster my financial independence. I learned from my mother that our King's Lynn relatives spend the New Year's Eve with us. I was very happy. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day pass with the family of Yasmine. 

After long conversation with my mother and sister went to my old room. I entered it and was tidy. There were several items of clothing stored in the wardrobe that had left here for when I came here it also had some sneakers and shoes. I smiled, remembering with nostalgia of my childhood and teenage years I spent here. Only there was in the wall posters, took it all to London and musical instruments as well. Just let my ukelele and an old guitar in my old room. My drums, guitar and electric guitar were already in London. I grabbed my old guitar and started playing the chords of the song Strawberry Fields Forever Beatles and sing. When was the end of the song my sister was leaning against the bedroom door and clap your hands for me. 

- Rog, how beautiful. - She smiled sitting next to me in bed. - You every time passing sings and plays better. His voice is beautiful my brother. 

- Thank you, my little princess. - I smiled back kissing her forehead. - Want me to play a song for you, sister? 

– Play I wanna hold your hand from The Beatles to me? 

- Okay. And you help me to sing too, okay? 

- Combined.  

Start playing and singing and Clare help me . She has a beautiful singing voice. She was singing in a church choir . My little sister has talent as well as Yasmine to the corner.My sister and I stayed for a long time singing and me playing other songs . I miss spending time with my little princess. Clare is everything to me. I can not live without my sister.

The next day ordered the car to borrow my mother and I went out with Clare. Only two of us had a day typically Brothers . We went to the park, had lunch out , went to the movies singing had fun in high inside the car when playing some music on the radio that we like . It was a wonderful day. I missed those moments with my little sister.  

POV Yasmin .

I got home and my parents welcomed me with many memories , and many hugs and kisses. I missed them too. I do not know how to put up with three months away from them.My mother prepared a tasty dinner for me. I was longing for his food , his affections . I talked to my parents about my life in London and said that next year we will seek employment and knew the main points of London.They were very happy for me . My parents said our Brazilian family arrive on December 22 .I look forward to embrace every one of them.Christmas Eve.Finally arrived December 24th . Our house is full of Brazilian relatives. A real treat . I help my mother, grandmothers and aunts to prepare Christmas dinner . I make a mayonnaise and Russian salad salad , and desserts. In the evening we will have the presence of Roger , Winifred and Clare. They will spend Christmas Eve with us and Christmas Day as well. Helped day the family women in the kitchen.In the evening I went to Mass . And guess who was with me ? Roger .Until I was astonished , for he is not religious, but I am religious . Roger went to Mass because she wanted to review the priest who befriended him while we were part of the choir of Truro Cathedral .The priest talked to us a bit after Mass and asked how our lives were in London. We said that was fine .

We returned home at nine in the evening. Winifred and Clare had taken a salty and sweet dish for supper. I thanked the two. They felt comfortable with our Brazilian family. 

My relatives spoke a little English which helped Winifred in communicating with my grandparents and aunts. Roger talked a lot with two Brazilian cousins ​​I have. They are recently graduated from college in Brazil. One graduated in Veterinary Medicine and the other in electrical engineering. They said that next year will be two months taking a course in Oxford. I was very happy for them. Clare talked a lot with me saying the boys at her school, which some already wanted to stick with it. I gave advice to her, telling her to take care of the boys. Away from Roger talked about it. Now I am the Clare adviser. It is even funny. I received calls from Paul Merry Christmas, Layla and Vick. They also talked a bit with Roger. We will see you tomorrow in the late afternoon with them at Roger's house.  

Quickly midnight arrived and wish Merry Christmas to all and toast .Roger pulled me by the arm and led me into the garden of my parents' house . We sat on a bench . He smiled and said :- I bought a small Christmas present for you . I hope you enjoy.

He took out of his pants pocket a small black box and opened it. At the time I saw smiles. It's very cute. A silver chain with a pendant of Snoopy . I smiled like a child .

- I know how Snoopy fan, I decided to buy for you. I bought in London two weeks ago .

- Rog is simply beautiful . - I smile more still fondly embracing and kissing him in the face with a lot of love . - You can put me ?

- Of course. - He grinned .

I get my hair leaving my neck show. He puts the chain with the pendant and then kisses my neck .

- Merry Christmas, princess.

He hugs me tight .

- Merry Christmas and still miss your present. Follow me.

We climbed quickly to my room and give him a big red bag.- Open.He opened it and looked surprised when he saw before him the recent LP album The Who Sell Out , one of his favorite bands , The Who.

- Princess the album was released the 15th, you bought here in Truro ?

- Yes, I know you were crazy to buy the new LP . So I asked yesterday for you in the morning on the phone saying I was thinking of buying for me. And I said you had not purchased. I wanted to make sure if you had bought or not. I bought yesterday. I hope that you enjoyed.

- Crawling, I loved. - His eyes flashed.

He hugged me so hard that I said :

- Rog you're squeezing me too - he said smiling.

- Yasmine Sorry , but I'm very happy. - He smiled even more. - Thank you for this , Princess.

He kissed my cheek and gave me a peck on then .

- I know how Keith Moon fan - smiles - he is an extraordinary drummer, but you are better than him.

He smiled even more grateful praise .

- Then we will hear the whole LP together in my mother's house , combined ?

- Of course my angel.We returned to the living room . My relatives were already serving with supper. Roger and I joined everyone for supper .The next day at lunch Roger , Winifred and Clare were also lunch at my parents' house . It was laughter and fun with all together . It was a lot of happiness together.Around four in the afternoon Layla , Vick and Paul they called saying that they were going to Rog house . Roger and I ask leave to our family and we went to meet our friends.Winifred and Clare were in the house of my parents with our Brazilian relatives.