Chapter 23 - 1968 - Part 2

POV Yasmin. 

 Quickly let Roger's hand and said: 

 - You will start the course of Dentistry? Roger are you crazy? You lost a year of study to give up now? 

- Friend, that your decision caught us all by surprise. - Layla said. 

- Roger you're kidding right? - Asked Victoria. 

- Dude, you can not. Roger, you gave up the same course? - Asked Paul. 

- Of course it gave up, folks. - said pointed to Roger - knows what will happen now? He will return to Truro, does not it? Give up studies and abandon your friends. I was shocked by the statement of Roger. 

- Yasmine wait ... 

I ran to my room and lay on my bed crying. Roger will return to Truro for sure. At the end he let me down. How ironic it? Was crying embraced my giant teddy bear I got from Roger birthday gift when I was eleven years old. Crying quietly for a time, clinging to my Snoopy. 

I hear the voices in the living room, Roger, Paul, Layla and Vick. They were still talking, but did not pay attention to the subject of the content. After a time I feel someone opening the door of my room and sat on my bed next to me. Roger knew it was because of the smell of her delicious perfume.  

- Go away. - I said quietly to him. 

- Crawling, do not ask it. - He said sorry to me. - I'm not going away. 

I was lying with my Snoopy. He pulled me and lifted me up and I sat clutching my stuffed dog. 

- You still have the Snoopy - he grinned. 

- I and I always accompany me wherever I go. - I say sad. - So always remember you. 

- That's great. - He smiled. 

- When you return to Truro? Today? Tomorrow? Next week? 

He looks at me seriously and then smiles: 

 - Who said I'm leaving, kitten? 

- You dropped out of college. - I speak sad looking down. 

- Yasmine - he says stroking on my right hand. - I gave the Dental College, but moved to another course. 

- What course? - I was caught by surprise. 

- I will study biology. I transferred my registration today in the office of the college. - He smiled. - So I called you so early. At that time he had returned from college and made the transfer. I was talking to Paul, Layla and Vick and said he decided to change because dentistry had nothing to do with me. Always really liked biology. And I will not miss the year because the curriculum of Dentistry in the first year were the same subjects of biology, that Paul had. I will study degree and a BA in Biology my princess. 

I hugged Roger heavily and collapsed into tears. I thought he was gone, it was abandoning me. 

- Why do you still cry, Yasmine? - He said kissing my head. 

- I thought you were gone, it was abandoning me. - I say sobbing.  

He lifts my face and smile at me saying:

- I will never abandon it. Never. I'm not crazy to do that. I will always be with you, babe. Do not think about it anymore. I stay here with our friends, especially you. I will study college Biology, seek some stage and will continue fighting for my dream to play drums in a band. And even if one day I am a successful musician will always be with you.

At that moment it touches on our friendship bracelet and says:

- Always read what is written in our bracelets. And if at some point I'm not you feel my presence in this bracelet and in your heart. You are in my thoughts forever.