Chapter 28 - 1968 - Final part - Party New Year / Hey Jude .

POV Yasmin.

Finally we arrived in London in December. The city was all decked out for Christmas. I love Christmas ornaments. The girls and I set up a Christmas tree in the apartment.Today is December 14. Last day of school in college. Classes now return only on January 20.We'll also break also on our stages because of the Christmas holidays.The year 1968 is ending. 

A fully turbulent year.And as was the rest of the year? Of upside down as the beginning.

On September 06, the day of my birthday, Swaziland became an independent country. 

On September 27, Marcello Caetano becomes Prime Minister of Portugal.

On 02 October there was the Tlatelolco massacre of students in the square of the Three Cultures, the army killed 48 people during student demonstration in Mexico.2:03 

October the Peruvian General Juan Velasco Alvarado leads a coup, starting a military regime in Peru.On October 12 was declared the independence of Equatorial Guinea.On October 14, the United States Department of Defense announced that it will send 24 million troops to the Vietnam War. This generated general commotion in the United States and the world. This damned war is far from over.On October 15, in Brazil there was the arrest of student leaders on the 30th. Congress of UNE (National Union of Students) in Ibiúna, São Paulo. More than 700 delegates elected in universities were arrested by police.Even here in London he was still aware of everything that happened in my home country Brazil.On November 5 Richard Nixon becomes president of the United States of America, to win the election. Why now that Nixon was elected does not decree the end of the bloody Vietnam War? Even when thousands of young North - American and Vietnamese will lose their lives on battlefields? The revolt consumes me.

And yesterday December 13 My family in Brazil called my parents and me. The Costa e Silva President decreed the AI-5 (Institutional Act number 5), giving birth to the most violent period of the military dictatorship in Brazil began in March 31, 1964. I am in shock and worried.

My friends, especially Rog care about me too, for I will go to Brazil to spend Christmas with my family.The question of the Catholic Church was approved this year the theological current of liberation theology which is directly linked to the ecumenical movement , which seeks a return to unity and communion with all Christian religions.

And the music? My favorite band The Beatles released a new album on November 22 . It is known as the White Album. It's because? Because there is no specific name, only with a white background with the band's name embossed . It is the first album released after the death of manager Brian Epstein the band. Yoko Ono makes an appearance in the song ' Revolution 9 ' ' .  

The great certainty with song from the album is 'Hey Jude' written by my beautiful Paul McCartney. He wrote the song in honor of Julian Lennon, son of John Lennon and Cynthia Powell. According to Paul when he learned of the separation of Cynthia and John, he went to visit Julian and Cynthia and on the way when he was inside his car he started humming Hey Julian ... After moving to Hey Jude by sound better in the song. 

The song is beautiful and is making a huge success worldwide. The lyrics are sad and beautiful at the same time. Paul and Julian are very close. Julian is five years old now, and Paul is like the father of the boy. 

Rog and even praised the letter and Paul composition. 

Even the White Album doing worldwide success Beatlemaniacs the fans knew that the relationship between the four members were going from bad to worse. 

They say that Yoko Ono is always present in the studio when the band is recording. 

In short, the year 1968 is already being regarded as the 'year is not over' ', as will be remembered in the history of Brazil and the world as the year of the challenge of politics, morality, the student movements worldwide, by demands for new freedoms.