A Double Danger

"Hey Shadz, how often do we have two manifest at the same time?"

Shadow looked at Sonic. "You felt that too, huh?"

Sonic nodded. Out there, somewhere were two more Amethysts, waiting for them to find them. "Charmy, Autumn, come 'ere."

It had been nearly a month since Autumn had arrived, and so far they were no closer to finding more Amethysts, defeating Dominus, or restoring Autumn's memory...until now.

The bee and younger hedgehog looked up from their board game. "What is it, Mr. Sonic?" Autumn asked.

"I just think that if all of us work together, we might be able to identify our Amethysts newbies."

"But I don't know how to do that!"

"It's okay, just hold hands."

Sonic held out his hands, and hesitantly, Autumn took one, and Charmy took the other. Once they were in a relative circle, Sonic reached into his powers, trying to locate the two manifested.

This time, information came more easily. Sonic could see ocean...but a portion of it was in shadow, like something hovering over it. He struggled to look up, managing to see the bottom of a land mass. "Angel Island." He said at almost the same time Shadow did.

The image then shifted to a peaceful wooded area, where they could see a small reflection cast on the pool below. A rabbit that screamed in shock.

Sonic snapped free of the connection, his head pounding. "Augh... So either Knux or Tikal on Angel Island...!" He hissed.

"The rabbit...I don't know her." Shadow murmured.

"I do." Charmy replied. "Her name is Cream. I've met her at the park a few times...she has an imaginary friend named Stream."

"No doubt it's her amethyst partner..." Sonic got up. "Okay, Autumn and I will go to Angel Island while you two find Cream..."

............................................................

"Eh! This is really high up, Mr. Sonic!" Autumn cried, tightly gripping Sonic's jacket.

"Don't you worry, kid. I've got experience carrying people. And soon, you'll be able to fly on your own."

Autumn looked up at him. "You really believe that?"

"I do."

However, as they circled the clearing on Angel Island, Sonic could see Knuckles was already fighting off Obsidians, along with monsters they must've summoned. "Oh dear." He dove down, placing Autumn down on a tree branch. "Stay put, okay?"

Autumn nodded, then Sonic took off into battle, kicking two Obsidians in the back. "Need some reinforcements, Knux!?" He asked.

"Yes. But I wasn't gonna ask for it!" Knuckles replied, punching a monster back. "How'd you get here so fast?"

"I was already on my way to talk to you. But it looks like they answered my question!" He thrusted a gust at the monster snapping at his face. "Back, you foul beast!"
He fired repeatedly at the soldiers, keeping them from moving forward. "Got an element we can use?"

"Electricity, but I can only shock people so far!"

"Charge, can you take over for a second!? I could use some help here!"

Knuckles looked at him, then his eyes glowed blue and he got a mischievous grin on his face. "Thought you'd never ask...!" He lifted his hands, and lightning shot out of them and slammed into the monsters, making them dissolve.

Sonic winced as the charge made his quills stand on end for a moment, then ducked to avoid a sword swing. "Whoa! Personal space, dude!" He shouted, kicking the soldier in the chest.

He then screamed along with Wind in his head as another blade sliced open his wing, and he fell forward, darkness overwhelming him. "Ughn...!"

"Wind!" Charge fired electricity out in all directions, electrocuting the metal-wearing soldiers. Once the adversaries were gone, Knuckles regained control and he bent down. "Blue, can you hear me!? Say something!"

"Mr. Sonic!" Autumn ran across the grass. "Are you okay...!?"

"He won't be unless we deal with that wound..." They looked up and saw Chaos standing behind them. "Come with me. Quickly."

Knuckles carefully lifted the injured hedgehog in his arms, then he and Autumn hurried after Chaos into the trees.