The Manifested

"L-Leave me alone, you creeps!"

Tails had been on his way to see Cosmo at the refugee camp, when he'd heard her yelling at someone.
He hurried over the hill, seeing three boys crowding her, and Cosmo holding out a trowel in front of her like a weapon.
"Hey! Leave her alone!" He barked, running down to her.

"Oh look!" One of the boys grabbed Cosmo's wrists, holding her in front of him. "Your little bodyguard's come to the rescue!"

"Let go of her!" Tails replied. "I'm warning you!"

"Oh, you're actually warning us!" Another jeered. "This ain't your problem, double-tail!"

"It is when you're harassing my friend! I can call the authorities on you three for harassing a refugee under their protection!"

"But you won't, because you're too much of a yellow-fur!"

"Tails! Don't listen to them!" Cosmo replied. "You're- ow! Stop, that hurts!"

Tails' hands clenched into fists, and then something amazing happened. The ground below his feet began to tremble, shifting under his feet, and cracks stretched out from under him. Then the ground rippled out from around him.

The quake knocked the boys off of their feet, and Cosmo scrambled away from them, grasping Tails' arm. But with each step, the grass below her grew unnaturally fast and tall.

As the boys took off, Cosmo looked up to Tails, gripping his arm tighter. "Autumn Harvest...!"

"Summer Sapling..." Was what came out of Tails' mouth, but he knew it was Harvest talking. "Come on, we gotta tell Wind!"
______________________________________

"Wave?" Jet tapped on the door. "You alright?"

"Yes! Just fine...!" Wave replied, her tone nervous and trembling.
Jet could see light flashing periodically from under the door, but the mechanic had locked herself in the room and wouldn't open the door.

"Wave, if you don't open the door right now, I'll... I'll have to open it myself!"

"And how would you do that!?"

"I... I have my ways!"
There was a long pause, and Jet got tired of waiting. "Alright, I'm coming in! In three... Two...on-"

"Wait!"

Jet released the breath, then the knob slowly turned, and Jet peeked in. "Wave?"

Wave was curled up on the floor, her hands shoved under her arms and glowing with light, and a pair of feathery purple wings wrapped around her like a protective blanket. "Jet... It won't stop!" She whispered.

Jet stepped closer, getting down on the floor. "It's okay, Wave..." He whispered. "Let me see your hands."

Wave was hesitant, but she finally pulled her hands out, and Jet saw the light was coming from inside her hands, like she was burning from the inside. "Does it hurt at all?"

"N-No! But I don't know what's going on, or how to stop it!"

'Cough!' North Migration...! 'Cough!' South muttered from inside Jet's head.

Jet rolled his eyes. "A lot of weird stuff has been going on, okay?"
He took Wave's hands. "I probably should've told you and Storm this a while ago, but when I started being really loud... I was manifesting a new power... The ability to control sound... You're doing the same thing, just a different power."

"Like what?" Wave asked, suddenly very curious. She gasped as her hands dimmed again.

Jet grimaced as South took over his body. "You can control solar energy. You take the power of the sun and utilize it to your own means."

Wave blinked. "You're aware that your eyes were glowing for a second, right?"

Jet sighed. "Yeah... It's a looooong story."
______________________________________

"Cosmo? Cosmo, are you in here?" Galaxina poked her head into her sister's room, but she wasn't there. "Great. She leaves her room an absolute mess and doesn't bother to clean it up before she goes..."

A rumbling noise outside made her turn to look out the window.
Dark storm clouds gathered above the camp, dumping rain down on the houses.
"Ugh... It's too wet to go looking for her now... Strange, the weather didn't say anything about rain for today."

She went back out to the living room, picking up her phone and dialing a number.

Hello? A voice asked after a moment.

"Hi Tanza. Have you seen Cosmo recently?"

Last I saw her, she was heading out of camp with her friend Tails a few minutes ago.

"Okay. I just wanted to make sure she was with somebody."

Right. Freak rainstorm, huh?

"Yeah, I didn't see anything about it for today."

Also since it's only hovering over your house, Gala.

"What?" Galaxina opened the window at the risk of getting wet. Indeed, the clouds only seemed to be over her. "Weird..."
______________________________________

"Go away! Shoo! Shoo! Please!?" Rouge inquired.

She was speaking to a snow cloud that had formed out on the porch of the Nest, then started to follow Rouge inside, and was currently trying to get in.

It continued to hit the window like a bird attacking it's reflection, and spilling snowflakes onto the porch outside with each hit.

She would've just left it and waited for it to leave, but she'd left the laundry on the porch with it.

"What do you want...!? I don't have any...cloud treats!"

The snow cloud vanished from sight, and Rouge looked around for a moment to make sure it was gone, then opened the door quickly, grabbed the basket of laundry, then dashed back into the house before closing the door again.

She set the basket down with a sigh, then looked up and gave a scream as she found the cloud directly in her face. "Ah! Leave me alone!" She shouted, running away and the cloud following like a puppy.

"What's the matter, Rouge?" Silver's voice called, then he and Autumn came around the corner. "What the-"

"It won't stop following me!" Rouge hissed. "I don't even know where it came from!"

"Winter Blizzard..." Autumn murmured. "You just manifested as Winter Blizzard! You have the power over snow and wintery weather!"

"Oh, well that explains a lot. We still have a snow cloud chasing me around the house!"

"It's not hurting anything..." Silver murmured. "Maybe it'll just go away on it's own."

Rouge sighed. "I hope so... I'm not a pet person."