Changes

It was hovering over the mountains of Eurish, above the clouds, at just the altitude to see the stars peeking from the heavens even during mid-day.

This was the place Autumn had seen, and it was incredible.

"A mansion hovering in the middle of the air on a platform for centuries, and yet it never ran out of juice, or deteriorated from the weather...!?" Tails whispered.

Wind nodded. He remembered hearing about this place, but never saw it for himself...

He walked up to the door and knocked, then gasped as the door opened on it's own. "Hello?" He called.

"Dude, who'd be here?" Knuckles asked. "Only we can find this place, remember?"

Winter Charge is correct. A metallic voice responded. It's just you and me.

"Who are you?"

I am the Central Aerial Security System Interface, or CASSI.

"An AI built that far back in time...?" Shadow asked.

Your predecessors were very skilled with technology... I was designed by Harvest's previous keeper, to control and defend the Nest until you found it again.

"So you've been moving this thing around for centuries?" Tails grinned. "I'm impressed."

My hardest challenge has been that crazy man Robotnik. So many sensors on that oversized bathtoy he calls an Eggcarrier.

Wind smirked. "I like this girl."

Tell me. Why have you come here, Amethysts?

"The Obsidians are relentless." Shadow replied. "We cannot get the rest we need to prepare for the battles when we fear they can kill us in our sleep."

Understandable... The Nest is safe, and open to you, should you choose to seek refuge here.

"It would make things easier if we all were in one place..."

"Angel Island is my home." Knuckles muttered. "... Besides, Chaos might need backup."

Wind sighed. "Fine. You and Leaf stay on the island."

Cream tapped her fingers together. "I, uh... I haven't exactly told my mother about all this." She giggled nervously.

Amy stared. "...Then where does she think you are every afternoon...!?"

"Playing with Charmy... But seriously, how am I supposed to explain it to her? Hi mother. What's for dinner? Oh, and by the way, I'm a magical guardian of the universe that turns into a teenager and is being hunted down by creepy knights called Obsidians who work for a guy that's mad because this queen that nobody's heard of married a chao-mutant that is made up of water and lives on a floating island? Oh, and did I forget to mention the fact that my formerly imaginary friend is actually an energy being living in my head?"
Cream crossed her arms. "Yeah. She's totally gonna accept that."

Wind blinked, then leaned over to Shadow. "Wow. And I thought Amy was sarcastic." He whispered.

"I heard that, Breeze-butt." Amy muttered.

"Okay, so we'll see how convenient this would be for everyone, then make a decision based on that." Shadow replied.

"So far, several people have ties to their homes, and that's fine." Leaf replied. "But I think for now, it's best for at least Shadow, Rouge and the boys to stay here."

"Agreed." Wind turned to Cream. "Your mom needs to know, though."

"I know..."
______________________________________

"What's getting under your fur, Morie?"

Morganite growled, gripping her scepter tightly. "Don't call me 'Morie,' Rhodonite...!"

The wizard smirked. "Oh come now... You know you can trust me, Morganite... What's on your mind?"

"...The Necromancer Squadron claims they slaughtered Summer Heat...!"

"I thought they looked rather chipper when they returned... What about it?"

"If they slaughtered her... Then why do I still feel it's presence...?"

"Hmm...quite interesting... Let's see, shall we?"
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small mirror. "Mirror, mirror, in my hand. Where does the Amethyst 'Summer Heat' stand...?"

The interior was murky, then slowly it cleared, showing a young cat running down a city street. "Ah...clever creature, they are. It appears the previous possessor had a child... It merely jumped from mother to daughter."

"This is unacceptable." Morganite looked away, rubbing the orb on her scepter. "Our failures are mounting, and Lord Dominus is not happy about it... I even tried to shatter them by bringing back Nephrite! But that ghastly teenage Ice lured him right back!"

"Deep breaths, honey. You know how your temper affects your power output."

"I do not need your input, Rhodonite...! Unless you have a plan for ridding us of those Amethysts, get out of my sight!"

Rhodonite bowed. "As you wish, Ma'am... If you ever feel like you need somebody to speak with, you know where to find me..."

"Those kinds of conversations are forbidden. You know that."

"Only here, Morganite... Only here."

Rhodonite then left, and Morganite stood in the silence of her quarters. "...I wish it were not so, Rhodey... I wish."

The Gems in Us All (HIATUS)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें