Sarah Lily

{EDITED CHAPTER 07-31-2017}

P.O.V. SARAH

Sarah Lily is what they call me, but of course, my last name would never be Lily. I just never knew what it was. I live with a family. If you were someone normal, you'd probably describe them as cruel and selfish, and you're maybe right. I wouldn't know, I've been quite used to it. They forbade me to use their last names so I can't call myself that either, see. I have  jet black eyes and black hair, actually, never looked a lot liked them. Glad I don't.

They make me sleep in a bed that's torn down to shreds, and it nearly looks like a rug. Since I'm not really family, I eat most of the leftovers after everybody has taken their share, and even do majority of the chores. Besides that... I'm not really someone with loads of friends since I've been mostly isolating myself in my room.

<><><>

"Where'z are you?! Came down here, now!" That French accent only belong to one woman... Aunt Joanne. My... guardian, yes. She's married to a man who I call Uncle Matthew and their only child, Vanessa. Their next child died, and they treat Vanessa as if she were the most fragile object in the world. It was like practically living like how it was with the Dursleys, really. Don't be mistaken, I'm not a obsessed fan of the famous Harry Potter. I was just one of the many young girls and boys who heard of his story for years.

Have I mentioned that I'm a witch? Half-blood, as I am led to know, but I've never been sure. Though, I'm not really evil or the ones you've heard of in myths. I flip through a lot of Vanessa's old books as my spare time, so I know a lot of history... and blabber that you won't really want to hear, I assume.

I quickly scurried down the stairs, rubbing my eyes. It was 7:30am in the morning, for Merlin's sake! I haven't even heard the owls screech. "Prepare breakfast while I get Vanessa ready. And don't you dare complain. I've been cooking for a month now," she orders as she pushes me slightly just to quicken my pace. Funny, because I've never really complained about doing any of my chores. I was taught to never speak back or complain, for it could get witches like me in a load of trouble.

Uncle Matthew and Vanessa usually wake up at 9 in the morning so I have enough time than I need.

My mind floats around that I've nearly dropped the entire egg in the frying pan. Actually... I've never knew or met my parents, somehow. They say they died but I never knew how. I wish they'd knock on the door step and take me, because for what I've gone through, it hasn't really been a witch's ideal life.

I prepared breakfast and sat it in the table. Luckily, I've prepared everything fine without burning anything. I usually grab some for myself, but Aunt Joanne watched my movements with narrowed eyes, and let me tell you, it isn't very pretty to start with, especially in the morning. 

The August 27th's wind threw open the window, making me flinch all of a sudden. I looked towards Aunt Joanne, who beckoned me to close it with a stern face. As I did, I watched as the grey sky began to clear, but all the yellow, orange, and red leaves danced around in the breeze.

Looks like fall is crashing in early.

If I couldn't eat any breakfast, then it was no use but to return to my room, wait for another few minutes. I was about to place a foot on the step of the stairs, before I heard that racket again.

"Get down here!" shouted Uncle Matthew. It was the thing about them, they were quite... loud and demanding. I mean, it was a miracle I was still alive. Besides, it would be a lie if someone told you that they have ever treated me nothing less than a burden.