The Pensieve

Hai Guys! Sorry if I don't do A/N much, 'cause I'm a bit lazy, but not lazy for you guys. Anywho, I just realized Alan Rickman played "Absolem, the blue caterpillar" in Alice in Wonderland (Disney action remake), which is my favorite character when I was a kid. First , Severus, now Absolem, bwahaha. But I'm still having the feels... RIP. Miss him, and I can't help but smile when I see a picture of him. But enjoy the chapter!

O-o-O-o-O-o-O-o-O

>Third Person<

After a few months, it was already April.  Sarah was wandering at the halls of Hogwarts with Rose. It was a quiet day, not much students around.  They both agreed to go to the Library, and do some research. When Sarah was all done, she waited for Rose, who was half-way finished. While passing the time, she read a book all about mysteries and fantasy, which she was been interested in for a long time. She was reading between the pages when she heared whispering. It was at the end of an alley. She quickly peeked between the books, she couldn't see who it was, but she could hear the voices clearly. 

"But Albus-"

"But Albus wouldn't want this, am I right, Minerva?"

So it was Mcgonagall and who? She stuck her ear in to recognize the voice, but it sounded so familiar.The only clue was, it was a man.

"This  is just blabber, we need the Ministry to know what is happening, or else Death Eaters would come everyday! Dementors, yes, they should be placed here-"

"You are going mad, Minerva! We need to solve this first before acting. I don't trust the Ministry of Magic- wait... someones spying" 

The man flicked his wand towards the books Sarah was hiding from and all the books cleared, showing Sarah, standing alone, looking embarresed. "Um... good morning!" Sarah said running back to the table, but Mcgonagall called out: "Not so fast. Come here, Sarah". She turned around and walked back sheepishly. When she returned to her last spot, she just kept  her head down, thinking that she might get into detention for the rest of the year for eavesdropping. "Sarah.... you've heard everything?" Mcgonagall asked, Sarah shook her head but stared at the other person. She had her head down so she couldn't recognize him. When Sarah held her head up, she knew who the person Mcgonagall was talking to... it was just her father. "I know you Sarah. And I swear you heard something..." Snape whispered, but he wasn't in a happy mood, in fact he looked furious. "Well...er. I heared something about Albus? But not Albus Potter, a different one. And the part you said the Ministry of Magic needs to know whats happening here at  school. Thats all, ma'am" Sarah told them, she was feeling worried, what will happen to her?

But Mcgonagall placed her arm at Sarah's shoulder. "We are just finishing things off, Sarah. Now, I need to go, I heared Peeves was plotting a huge prank on April 4th. Good morning" she said and walked off, her shoes making sounds as she passed. "Sarah, I need to talk to you in my office, now" Snape muttered and walked off too.  Sarah asked permission from Rose and went straight to the dungeons. Before Sarah knocked, the door already opened. "Dad, drinking about 8 glasses of FireWhiskey then getting all unconcius and drunk just to pass your misery, isn't doing anything. I know, that you know that, please stop" she told him, giving him a hankerchief. "I know... that... Sarah... I just... need... time... alone" he answered weakly, his hand was shivering. "Well, we will just have that talk some other time" she said turning back, but Snape grabbed her hand. "Stay here...", but someone burst into the door, and it was Proffesor Flitwick.

"Severus! We need you at the office, now!" but Sarah tried to catch Flitwick's attention. "Um, sir, I think, my d-, I mean Proffesor cannot attend. Because he may have drank a few or more FireWhiskey." Flitwick nodded looking unintreseted and slammed the door. "I'll get my- medicine" Snape said trying to stand up but fell on the floor. "Dad- you're weak, I'll get it" she told him finding a potion, but there wasn't any. "I'm okay, I'll get one from the storage" Snape said but stutter as he walked. "I hope he makes it back... safely..." Sarah said to herself, but a flash of light seemed to have caught her attention. She turned around and saw a cabinet, not the usual one, but like the magical one. It had mirrors around it and there was a bowl in the middle, inside was water, maybe, but it had a bright light. Sarah took a step closer, and peeked over at the bowl. 

There wasn't any name of what it was, so Sarah gripped on the table (in case she might fall), and took a peek. But just as she took a peek, she felt like she was falling, but she hit the soft warm grass. She looked on what was around her, it was Hogwarts, but like a younger-ish version. She stood up, wiping away some dirt and saw a group of boys coming towards, but they went right through her. "This must be a memory..." Sarah told herself, but no one can hear her.

She saw the boys heading toward another boy, he had black hair, a sort of large nose, and he was reading a Dark Arts book. "Dad?!" Sarah asked, but since it was a memory, no one heared her. "All right, Snivellus?" a boy that had messy hair and with glasses like Harry Potter called out. Snape reacted so fast it was as though he had been expecting an attack: Dropping his bag, plunged his hand in his robes, and his wand was halfway into the air when the boy with the glasses shouted, "Expelliarmus!".  Snape's wand flew twelve feet from the air and fell with a little thud in the grass behind him, another boy with long curled hair barked with laughter. 

"Impedimenta!" he said, pointing his wand at Snape, who was knocked off his feet, halfway through a dive toward his own fallen wand. Students all around came to watch, some thought it was amusing, while others pity him. Snape lay panting on the ground, Sarah just wanted to help him, but she couldn't do anything. Others roared with laughter and pointing at Snape. "How'd the exam go, Snivelly?" said the boy with glasses."I was watching him, his nose was  touching the parchement," said the boy with the long hair viciously. "There'll be great marks all over it, they won't be able to read a word."

Snape was trying to get up, but the jinx was still operating on him; he was struggling, as though bound by invisible ropes. "You - wait..." he panted staring at the group of boys looking murderous.

"Leave him ALONE!"

the boys all looked at who said that. It was one of the girls, she had thick, dark red hair, green eyes and was a Gryffindor. "All right, Evans?" the boy (with glasses) that had the last name, Potter asked. "Leave him alone" Evans repeated, that must be Lily Evans, Sarah thought. "What's have he done to you?"

"Well," Potter said, with an unpleasant tone.  "It's more the fact that he exists, if you know what I mean. . . . ." he continued. Many of them laughed, execpt for Lily and Snape. "You think you're being funny." she said coldly. "But you're just an arrogant, bullying, toerag, Potter. Leave him alone."  "I will, if you go out with me, Evans" said Potter quickly. "Go on. . . Go out with me, and I'll never lay a wand on old Snivelly again." But behind him the Impediment was wearing off. Snape inched toward his wand . "I wouldn't go out with you if it was a choice between you and the Giant Squid" said Lily. "Bad luck, prongs.... OY!" the other boy said, but screamed as he saw Snape was already on his feet again. But Potter quickly swished his wand and Snape was on the air and held him upside down, revealing a pairof skinny legs and a pair of grey shorts. Almost everybody laughed, and Lily, who was about to smile, forced to look furious yelled "Let him down!!" 

"Certainly" Potter said and Snape fell onto the hard ground moaning in pain. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Lily roared, she had her own wand out now, pointing at Potter, who was'looking terrified. "Ah, Evans, don't make me hex you," James earnestly."Take the curse of, then!", Potter sighed deeply and took off the curse. "There you go,  you're lucky Evans was here, Snivellus -". "I don't need help from filthy mudbloods like her!". Lily blinked. "Fine." she said coolly. "I won't bother in future. And I would wash your pants if I were you, Snivellus."

"Apologize to Evans!"

"I don't want you to make him apologize, you're just as bad as he is"

But Sarah's world was beggining to fade. Everything was dissolving, the memory must've been done. "I see curiousity strikes again?"Snape asked behind her, raising one eyebrow. "Dad! Sorry. . ." Sarah said turning her head, having a suprised expression. "Sarah... do not tell anyone-"

"Yes, father"

"Not a soul"

"Yes."

"Get out, now"

"Yes. Good day, father" then she quickly closed the door. But a single tear rolled down his face...